AR-10V or AR-8V Surge Protector?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Susilo, Jun 23, 2002.

1. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Joule ratings aside, is there a difference between the two? I went to their website http://www.acoustic-research.com and can't find any valuable info about these two units.
    Anybody can help? or suggestion on any other kind of surge protector that does the same/better job at the same price level?
    The 8V is US$50 and the 10V is US$80

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

...do you want suggestions for online order surge suppressors of another manufacturer, and cheaper (inU.S.)?

bill

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I don't think online purchase is the answer. If I have to add the shipping and duties, it will just not be worth it (approx another US$20 for shipping and duties).

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

thot so...I was recommending the TrippLite ISOBAR 6 dbs, A metal chassis unit w/ two F-terminals for cabletv/sat coax. There's an 8-outlet model ($69 U.S.) but has no DBS.
    Looks like THIS and costs about $59 U.S. Perhaps you can find it there.
    AR units are like Monster 2000 and under: good, basic surge units with MOVs (designed to fail) and some AC line noise filters for EMI/RF. If you had to buy one, go for the higher Joule rating. As far as "Fail Safe" technology claim, I'd say that means "Either it's Safe or It Fails" under a superbig surge hit thry yr electrical system.