What's new

AR-10V or AR-8V Surge Protector? (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Joule ratings aside, is there a difference between the two? I went to their website http://www.acoustic-research.com and can't find any valuable info about these two units.
Anybody can help? or suggestion on any other kind of surge protector that does the same/better job at the same price level?
The 8V is US$50 and the 10V is US$80

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
...do you want suggestions for online order surge suppressors of another manufacturer, and cheaper (inU.S.)?

bill

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I don't think online purchase is the answer. If I have to add the shipping and duties, it will just not be worth it (approx another US$20 for shipping and duties).

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
thot so...I was recommending the TrippLite ISOBAR 6 dbs, A metal chassis unit w/ two F-terminals for cabletv/sat coax. There's an 8-outlet model ($69 U.S.) but has no DBS.
Looks like THIS and costs about $59 U.S. Perhaps you can find it there.
AR units are like Monster 2000 and under: good, basic surge units with MOVs (designed to fail) and some AC line noise filters for EMI/RF. If you had to buy one, go for the higher Joule rating. As far as "Fail Safe" technology claim, I'd say that means "Either it's Safe or It Fails" under a superbig surge hit thry yr electrical system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks