"Aquaria" DVD - anyone watched it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Cliff, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Gary Cliff

Gary Cliff Stunt Coordinator

I've noticed that there are 2 versions out, the 1st a single DVD 18 (1999), and the 2nd a 2-disk set (2001). Does anyone know how the 2nd one differs from the 1st?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I have the first version, but not the other one.

I've heard that they are identical, but that the content of the original version was broken out over multiple discs.

Here's the kicker, though. Not 2 discs...from what I've heard, it's 5. One for each "tank" in the original version. But you can get a "collection set"; maybe the collection version is just a 2-disc version. I dunno.

Wait...I found the details. Check it out.

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I got the disk of Freshwater Aquariums.

It has several alternative sound programs (bubbles, or music), and I don't care for type music ones at all.

There is a close-up program alternative, but no camera artistry or focussing on interesting behaviour.

The variety of fish is not great, and there are even some sick fish visible.

All in all, not terrific, but low priced, and at least none of my fish have died. [​IMG]

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

John, that's the same as what I've got. It's just that it has the Freshwater tank, and 4 other tanks as well. 2 on one side of the disc, and 3 on the other side of the disc.

Note also that this disc is pan-and-scan-on-the-fly, so it automatically fills up your screen whether you have an older style 4x3 TV or a new style widescreen TV. It looks great either way.