What's new

"Aquaman" is a go (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What I thought would turn out to be a rumor is apparently true: Aquaman has been granted a pilot by the WB. Like Smallville, it will be exec. produced by Millar/Gough.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1001478810

I'll check it out, but I'm not sure I like the character enough to follow him on a weekly basis. I guess we'll see.

Kryptonsite already has a web page set up:

http://www.aquamantv.com/

Rob T

Screenwriter
I wonder if the same actor will play him on the show or if they'll re-cast.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I hope they not only re-cast, but they should re-tool, too. I know it's been a long time since I've seen the comic, but this is definitely not the Aquaman character I recall. Not to be obtuse, but what is the appeal of this new version? A big ol' surfer dude who swims fast... I don't get it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Could be interesting. I am sure they might use Tom Welling for the pilot. And who knows maybe they can have the same guy who played the Flash on Smallville make an appearance.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I also don't think Aquaman is compelling enough to follow week to week. On the other hand, his mythology isn't so paramount that Millar/Gough would have to hold all of the juicy stuff until after the series is over.
According to an article I read on the subject, they plan to re-cast the title role.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
New info from www.aquamantv.com And it will be a new actor and some tweaks to the story....

Not to sure about some of the changes. I don't like how it will be too seperate from Smallville. Will that still leave the show open for a future cross-over?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wasn't Ookla the guy from Thundaar the Barbarian? Damn I loved that show as a kid. So twisted for a kid's program.

I loved the conept of a post-apocolyptic warrior battling peole who had been mutated and wizards grew out of those who could handle the radiation to change their form and powers.

Now, why can't we get more chldren's programming like that anymore? So much more interesting then Pokemon.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The actor that played the character was kinda your Brand X generic Stud. Boring. Anyhow do all these writers follow the same template, Mystery character with some weird circumstances surrounding him? It almost sounds like the Night Stalker Plot but sub missing mom in the bermuda Triangle for Kolchak's Dead Wife. I like Smallville enough but that's becasue I like the Superman Mythos, I might have followed a Bruce Wayne story (Not so sure after BB) but Aquaman doe sno hold enough interest for me, well that is unless he's riding a seahorse.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
According to this report from Yahoo! Entertainment News High Tide For Aquaman, among other tidbits...I think one of the big reasons that Smallville works as well as it does because the Superman mythos is familiar to so many viewers. I am not so sure you can take that same template, apply it to a lesser-known character like Aquaman, and expect lightning to strike twice. I'll be surprised if this makes it past the pilot stage.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I'll give it a shot.

However, I would have prefered a show about Bruce Wayne/Batman, Diana/Wonder Woman or Hal Jordan/Green Lantern...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Eh, could be, Doc!

I was shocked one time when my mother said she used to watch Man from Atlantis all the time. It is totally not her kind of show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks