What's new

Aquaman (December 21, 2018) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Some new photos have surfaced, including the first look at Patrick Wilson as Ocean Master:

rghnkw8i35ugfjozcmvv.jpg

dme5dcaclypv7bc1xy8r.jpg

View attachment 46990
clqoq3eypcqfxpiq6riy.jpg

izk2qfrb6asngszn5umu.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Now that Ant-Man & The Wasp has been released, I feel like the biggest movies of the summer have all arrived, and yet we have no trailer for Aquaman, which is being released in 5 months. Should we take it as a bad sign? Maybe there will be something at ComicCon? Either way, not having a trailer in front of one of the big summer films (from Avengers to Solo to Jurassic World to Incredibles 2 to Ant Man) is a missed opportunity.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now that Ant-Man & The Wasp has been released, I feel like the biggest movies of the summer have all arrived, and yet we have no trailer for Aquaman, which is being released in 5 months. Should we take it as a bad sign? Maybe there will be something at ComicCon? Either way, not having a trailer in front of one of the big summer films (from Avengers to Solo to Jurassic World to Incredibles 2 to Ant Man) is a missed opportunity.
Aquaman is from DC, so it's unlikely to be promoted in front of a Marvel blockbuster; and it's from Warner Bros, so Disney and Universal are also unlikely to want the trailer before their tentpoles. It will have to be included with one of the bigger Warner Bros releases.

Most likely it will be included with some of the upcoming WB releases such as Teen Titans, The Meg, or The Nun.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Aquaman is from DC, so it's unlikely to be promoted in front of a Marvel blockbuster; and it's from Warner Bros, so Disney and Universal are also unlikely to want the trailer before their tentpoles. It will have to be included with one of the bigger Warner Bros releases.
It wouldn't be included in the hard drive with the film, but would likely still be shown. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald (Warner Bros) was shown before my opening night screening of Ant-Man And The Wasp.

I'm guessing they'll make a big deal out of the trailer at Comic-Con.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Really? This is the first DC film since Nolan's trilogy that has me anywhere near excited. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I want to see what Wan does with a big budget movie and I thought Aquaman was a reasonably successful part of Justice League. Even if it makes no sense that a dude living underwater is like a biker.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm another who has no excitement for this. Given Justice Leagues BO performance this one has an uphill battle. DC should be rebooting their cinematic universe and fixing their crown jewel characters - Batman and Superman. Especially Superman. If Marvel can turn a boy scout character like Captain America into one of their best cinematic characters, surely someone can do the same for Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks