What's new

Pre-Order Aquaman (4k UHD) (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So much of this film is in IMAX ratio, and it looks glorious in 4K. IMO the 3D Blu would be a step down, particularly so with no Atmos.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I am so torn on what to buy here.

The 3D Blu-ray is getting good reviews but it's absent of the IMAX ratio sequences.

Also absent, if I am correct about this, is the Atmos mix.

So, I am almost leaning towards 4k here over 3D which is a rarity.

I thought the same thing, but 3D is just too important to me. I guess I will buy both.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought the same thing, but 3D is just too important to me. I guess I will buy both.
I have 2 movies, Kong: SI and Passengers that have both 3D and 4K. I had to force myself to watch Kong in 4K, once. Even when I have a choice I always choose 3D.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Good news, if I order Aquaman 3D from Amazon within 4 minutes I can get tomorrow for free prime. Price is only $55. WTF? This is from Amazon, not a third party. Canada, here I come.

I forgot to mention it’s one disc, so no Blu Ray and no extras. Such a deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Good news, if I order Aquaman 3D from Amazon within 4 minutes I can get tomorrow for free prime. Price is only $55. WTF? This is from Amazon, not a third party. Canada, here I come.

Yep, standard procedure for 3D at Amazon these days, especially with WB titles. Just go to Best Buy, they've had it online and in (some) stores for $30 (combo pack with 3D, 2D, and digital).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

But for god's sake don't even consider ordering from a US site for $25-30. Amazon all day, all the time, for all itmes even if they screw you to the hilt by giving half a release for double the cost (noted for weeks).

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Yep, standard procedure for 3D at Amazon these days, especially with WB titles. Just go to Best Buy, they've had it online and in (some) stores for $30 (combo pack with 3D, 2D, and digital).

Best Buy is sold out online and not taking orders. There's one copy in a New York City store. Best to get it from WBShop, it's $35.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best Buy is sold out online and not taking orders. There's one copy in a New York City store. Best to get it from WBShop, it's $35.
It's been noted that the online stock information for Best Buy locations can be erroneous, at least on in-store availability of Aquaman 3D. The only way to know if it's available in any store is to go there and look. I would not even ask a blue shirt, as it's likely all they'll do is try and look it up on the computer.

I was in a store last week that had at least three copies available on the shelf, but their web site said "not available within 50 miles" of that location.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
But for god's sake don't even consider ordering from a US site for $25-30. Amazon all day, all the time, for all itmes even if they screw you to the hilt by giving half a release for double the cost (noted for weeks).
Yeah, I’m aware. That’s why I mentioned one disc and no extras.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is the $55 standard? Who is going to pay that?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is the $55 standard? Who is going to pay that?
I think $55 is the highest I've seen, but $45 is pretty standard for a stripped down 3D disc at Amazon while other sources routinely have a combo-pack for around $30. That's why I've been ordering most of mine from Best Buy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

$42+tax from WBShop isn't a lot better, but at least it's the real item. I'd seriously order it for $30 from AmazonCa (or AmazonUK) before them since I have several of the US Warner 3D MOD items from there. Cheaper and it'd would arrive quicker from Canada than any US retailer. Canadian Digital can be redeemed with a little effort in the US or Warner would likely exchange it anyway if you asked

It was $26 shipped at Deep Discount a few days ago

It seems the first batch is mostly sold for now, but they'll be back soon enough assuming you can't find a BBY store with on shelf stock.
$32 shipped at Bullmoose once it comes back into stock

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That would have been a good price, but it’s not even listed now.

It'll be back, but like most of the MOD small volume releases they tend to go OOS fairly quickly after release and it take a bit of time to reload.
This one lasted a bit longer than most I've seen so they must have run a bit larger than normal initial order.

For $30 and to get it the quickest -- Amazon.ca is the way to go unless you can find a local BBY who actually has stock. You're probably going to have to go there or if you're lucky call in and have someone in the store run an internal inventory on the SKU to see what store might still have copies.

Next best might be
https://www.moviezyng.com/888574771607.aspx
This is an Allied Vaughn storefront for most of their releases. It says it ships tomorrow

32.99 + 1.99 shipping for a single item (I've never used them so no testimonials though I've read a few nice things about their service)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks