Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Denon and HK receivers!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Kenneth Harden, May 26, 2004.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

If you watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force (on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network), Carl (the fat guy in a white shirt) has a rack of gear, and it looks like a Denon and Harman Kardon receiver, Harman Kardon casette deck, and a Sony CD/CD-R combo unit. They are actual pictures of the gear, and look like they are out of a magizine or sale add!

Also, I know in a episode of Daria (Comedy Central and Nick sometimes), there was a pair of those SUPER expensive Polk's with the 1 tweeter, 8 midranges, and 2, 10" subs - there was no mistaking them.

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

So is this a cartoon that blends live action? Sorta like Sponge Bob?

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

No, but to save on animation they'll often use real-life pictures (like South Park does with some pictures, but for different reasons).

4. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

On my comp at home I have well over 50% of the episodes on hard disk... I'll be checking this out.
    On the "mooninites" episode when they steal a whole bunch of A/V gear, it's all just pictures cut out.

BTW, one of the funniest (although hit or miss) show's on TV. Brownie Monsters.... hilarious.