What's new

Apprentice Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
"this table was actually brought up on the outside of the building and they had too build a special crane for it"

Yeah right, they had to build a trump crane to bring up an ugly ass trump table.

That has to be the ugliest / gaudiest apartment I have ever seen. My departed Italian grandmother who had plastic on the couches would've loved it.

That's what happens when you don't have anyone in your life that will tell you the truth. "I'm thinking of covering everything in the finest gold from the biggest and best gold mines, triple refined for kings. What do you think?"

"Yes Donald, that would look fantastic."

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Bwahahahaha. When Trump scolded Stephanie last night for not ignoring an obligation because it had become inconvenient, he essentially announced on national TV that anyone who makes a deal with him can expect to get screwed. If fulfilling his end of the deal later becomes inconvenient or otherwise cuts into his profits, he won't hesitate to renege. I hope he spent the entire morning on the phone dealing with upset business "partners." Congratulations to Stephanie for putting ethics before the almighty dollar.

I saw the Papa John's spicy meatball pizza ad twice during the show. The first airing was during a local ad insert at about the 30 minute mark. I laughed and thought that since NBC would never air the ad, how ingenious of them to buy ad time from the local affiliates instead. But to my surprise, the ad aired again about 15 minutes later on NBC's national feed. Wonder if there are some Domino's execs with high blood pressure today. I also saw the Papa John's ad during Tru Calling, but it didn't have the bookends poking fun at Domino's and The Apprentice.

I couldn't agree more, Robert. Trump is the quintessential blowhard. Everyone talks about his hair, but maybe they should be discussing the incredible size of his head instead. His ego has caused it to swell completely out of proportion.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
A couple points - First, the reason that I mentioned that the spot had to have been placed locally is because it seems to be a pretty obvious conflict to accept the spot on the network level. However, affiliates get to sell time as well, not all spots are sold by NBC. That said, NBC pas to be very pi$$ed that happened.

As for the show becoming something about ratings. It was always about ratings as is every show, including the news. Programming is nothing more than a product to them to attract audience and with it, ratings to sell ad space for high $$$.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Papa Johns ad played over here too. It was the only thing that caught my eye that entire hour.

Was it just me, or did no one mention that both teams picked the same idea, as in the idea that Trump happened to blurt out when giving the task?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think it's absolutely hillarious how Trump proclaims everything he's involved with is the "biggest" or "greatest" ever. He has to be the single most arrogant blowhard in this country, if not the world. I seriously can't even imagine how you get an ego that BIG. Does the guy get up every morning, look at himself and go "I am the biggest developer in New York City everything I do is the best". More importantly, if you're a multi-billionaire, why can't you have better hair? I watch the show more as a comedy now than anything else because the contestants and competitions are definitely not as entertaining as they were the first time around(I think this season and the 2nd season have both been very weak). I just like laughing at Trump and watching him and his top two ass-kissers in the boardroom.

BobV

Second Unit
It wasn't Papa John's here, it was Pizza Hut. I watched it on NBC Spokane.

About Trump scolding Stephanie for not ignoring an obligation, he scolded here for being the project manager and wasting 20% of her day for going personally when she should have delegated the task out... and I agree. It was 4 pizzas... what... 30 bucks? On a day when volume was imminently important... send an employee. Trump was right.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

This is what annoyed me the most about the episode. The teams are either so unoriginal or have their heads so far up Trump's ass, that they cannot come up with an original idea. I think Trump intended the meatball thing to be an example of what they could create; he was not telling them that meatballs were a requirement.

I also think that selling the pizzas to the constructoin workers in Brooklyn was a mistake. I admire Stephanie for fullfilling the team's obligation, but I don't think that she, as project manager, should have delivered them. She should have sent Chris or Alex, since it was their brilliant idea to sell pizzas to a bunch of guys 45 minutes away.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
I totally disagree on several points.

(1) Trump specifically replied to Stephanie's reasoning by saying that no apology was necessary. This means he thought it was just fine for them to abandon the obligation altogether and just leave the construction crew wondering where their lunch was. And if they did break their word and not deliver the pizzas, how do you think Domino's would have felt about it? The construction crew knew it was Domino's they had ordered from. Do you think Domino's would have enjoyed having their brand name labeled as untrustworthy and possibly alienating future customers? I don't think so. For whatever reasons, corporations tend to put a lot of stock in such intangibles as "good will."

(2) Supposing you are right, and Trump was scolding her for delivering the pizzas personally, what possible difference did it make? Whether the two girls went or she sent the two guys, it still left them short handed. Chris may have been in a foul mood, but he was doing a tremendous job making the pizzas while Alex chatted up the customers. Sending him on the delivery would have meant replacing him and I doubt either of the girls would have been as quick and efficient at it. Besides, both guys had already expressed displeasure at making the delivery. If they had been sent, they in all likelihood would have dawdled and been gone even longer than the girls were. She couldn't send one of the people they hired to pass out fliers. They all disappeared and were nowhere to be found. Nope, Stephanie took the best option available to her and made the delivery herself. Trump was wrong.

(3) I agree that it wasn't worth traveling so far to make only $30 or so, but Alex and Chris obligated them to it by making the sale in the first place. Stephanie did the right thing in fulfilling the obligation. If Trump really felt so strongly that making the delivery is what cost her team the challenge, shouldn't he have fired one of the two brainiacs responsible for committing them in the first place? I think it was mentioned some time ago in this thread that Trump decides beforehand who he doesn't like and looks for any reason he can to scapegoat them. That's why he appears so capricious from week to week. In my opinion, that's exactly what happened to Stephanie.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You have to wonder if Trump and the producers discuss who is going to get booted. I think the Chris(the one with the anger issues) should be booted. I mean they hype a big confrontation on the promos. Yet, he again walks away safe.
I know the credits say that Trump is the final word. But, I am sure they are like.."You know Chris is an ass, but he is good tv."

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Not really. In fact, there's a part of the credits that says the decisions are discussed with NBC and the producers. And Melania says that she has discussed it with Donald as well.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Is sunflower seeds what he was chewing instead of tobacco? I saw him chewing something, but I assumed it was tobacco, and that he lied when he told Trump he had quit. SO he was telling the truth?

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks