Appraisal For Sony SA-VA100 HT Speaker System

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom.le, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Tom.le

Tom.le Agent

Sony SA-VA100
    I'm wondering about what price range these things would be worth. There's a link above to see what they look like. Anyone have any idea?
    Tom

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Tom:

I would suggest searching ebay's completed auctions to determine the price. You leave yourself wide open by posting an "open price" question like this.

One rule of thumb is 50% or less of the current price for for "resale" of electronics. It depends on a lot of factors...current availability, age, warranty, cosmetic flaws etc...which you'd need to be more specific to give a resale price.

Good Luck
    Ron

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Tom,

For the money its not worth it. Your sticking yourself in Dolby Prologic with no chance of upgrading. Look at one of the HIB solutions if you have to. I had a Sony SA-V10 a while back(4years). At the time it was great, but with the price of equipment and HIB solutions its now old technology.

Kevin

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Kevin, he already has this system. I believe the intent of the question may be in preparation to sell it...[​IMG]

5. Tom.le

Tom.le Agent

John, bingo.. I'm using them right now. Only been in service for a few years. I'm sure someone would enjoy this unit who does not have any sort of home theater. A great all-in-one package with a CD player, tuner, sub, surrounds, on screen display, and dolby pro logic.

I'm trying to get a feel if it would be wise to get rid of these to help my upgrade, or if it wouldn't be worth it for a few bucks. I don't have any other use for them right now anyway, once I upgrade.

Tom

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Sorry Tom I thought your were looking at buying the setup. I sold my old Sony SA-VA10 to get into the land of Dolby Digital. There will be someone out there thats interested in it.

Kevin