What's new

Apple's Plan to Disrupt Cable (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
For Apple , cable companies are more "frenemy" than enemy. New deals bring HBO GO and WatchESPN to all Apple TV users who have cable plans that include access to those channels.

Viewers benefit by getting access to a better interface for live sports programming and HBO's full library of content, while cable companies preserve their connections to subscribers. Don't mistake Apple for anything other than a disruptor.

Apple says customers are downloading 800,000 TV episodes and 350,000 movies per day from an iTunes Store library that includes 60,000 movies and 230,000 TV episodes. All told, more than 1 billion TV episodes and 380 million movies have been downloaded so far. Mix in iCloud syncing and HBO integration and you have the makings of a compelling "TV Everywhere" platform that could make both Apple TV and the iPad hot commodities among cord cutters.

Anyone cutting the cord yet?

shawnchan0620

Auditioning
Real Name
rongjiang
I can pay 40 dollar to apple per month if it can allow me to keep 10 episodes shows and one movie

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
rcheng0620 said:
I can pay 40 dollar to apple per month if it can allow me to keep 10 episodes shows and one movie
Sure, but I couldn't give up live news, sports, and tons of series exclusives. But mostly the sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks