AppleBees Riblettes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Sep 9, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Sorry all abouth this thread, but I woke up this morning with the WORST case of heartburn, indigestion in the world!!.
    Sunday while I watched my beloved packers almost lose to the falcons I was at applebees and got there all you can eat riblettes, Oh what a bad Idea is drinking 5 of there 'brewtus' sized beers (23oz). And eating an unheard number of riblette slabs.. actually 16 of them! How terrible I feel today and tums, rolaids, nothings working!!!
    At least I got my 10.99 worth! oh man im dying here!!!

(homer simpson)mmmmm....... riblettes.

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I can see how you'd have heartburn as those riblettes are all fat. The only time I had them I looked closely to see if there was any meat and I had no luck in finding any. They were disgusting. My next trip there I got some chicken tenders and they tasted burnt. [​IMG] That was the last time I ever set foot in an Applebee's. Gimme Chili's, Friday's, Ruby Tuesday's or Bennigan's any day over that garbage.

3. Bill Harada

Bill Harada Stunt Coordinator

I haven't had real good luck with the riblets at my local Applebees. The majority (75%) of the slabs are over cooked to outright burnt. Plenty of meat on the slabs, though, just not real good eats. On the other hand, I've been really surprised at how good their top sirloins have been.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The ribletss I had were all bone. blech

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

never been a big riblet fan, I do like the chicken fajita rollups though, and they're only like 7.50

6. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Applebees.
    Last time I was there (Saturday? or was it Friday? I don't remember...) I had a bacon cheeseburger, and really enjoyed it. Yum. [​IMG]
    Service was horrible, though. We didn't leave a tip.

7. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Hmmm, I rarely have a problem at Applebees. My wife had the riblets last friday and they were mostly meat and tasted pretty good (not the best ribs, but not bad). Service kept the drinks filled.

But then again, this Applebees is right between a Chili's and an Outback. They know if their service/food is bad, its VERY easy for someone to go elsewhere.

8. David Sanchez

Exactly what part of the pig constitutes calling a piece of meat "riblette". Is it a baby rib, or developed in a food processing lab by mad food scientist?
    Anyway, when watching the Packers this week try eating some real tailgate food.

9. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

10. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I think the riblets come from the end of the rack of ribs, there's like a little bit of meat, then at the end of each rib a chunk of cartillage, I think they're usually trimmed off and thrown away, or sold to applebees. [​IMG]

11. Matt Souza

Matt Souza Agent

Usually it's the odd ends they cut off the baby back ribs to make them nice and straight. Basically just the left overs from processing [​IMG]

12. David-S

David-S Second Unit

13. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

having been the asst. kitchen manager at applebees (worked there almost 4 years) prior to my current position with the state, i can vouch that the riblets do indeed suck! the cajun fish / lemon fish is pretty good if cooked right (which is a rarity). applebees has revamped their menu some since i left almost a year ago and now they do have some decent food but i still can't bring myself to eat there for obvious reasons. i think the best "new" menu item i've eaten there is the tijuana philly rollup thingy.

kevin t

14. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I'll drive past two Applebees to get to the full rack of baby backs at Chili's. But I'll drive past two Chili's to get to the honey barbeque ribs at Cheddar's. Cooked to perfection, just grab a rib bone and pull it and the meat comes off clean... How do you spell that Homer Simpson mouthwatering slobbering sound effect?

15. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I've never had chili's ribs, never seen a cheddar's, I do enjoy tony roma's a little more than I should though [​IMG]

16. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    my wife and went to applebee's a few years ago because a freind of her's was a manager there.
    we ordered the riblets and attempted to eat them.
    we only were able to eat a small am't of the order because they were nothing more then small bones with some meat and mostly cartiledge with tons of BBQ sauce on them.
    we asked him to wrap them for us when we left but to our surprise he came out with 4 styrofoam take out boxes that are about 10 inches by 10 inches, full to the top with these riblets.
    we politely said thanks and took them home and immediately tossed them.
    [​IMG]