What's new

Apple Watch Series 4 Buyers and Owners thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
A60E5637-A766-4721-98A1-DA48D702C984.png

This is all I see. It’s not showing the “Set up the ECG app in Health”.

Maybe the update didn’t work on the phone

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Doug, I checked the watch for software updates even though it did the update last night. To my surprise, the watch says is has watch OS 5.1.1, it needs 5.1.2! I thought that was installed last night. So that seems to be the issue. I’ll do the installation tonight when I get home as it needs to be charging. Hopefully that will do it. Thanks for the help.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep, that is most definitely the problem. ECG was rolled out in 5.1.2 yesterday.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, though it seems odd that the watch told me this morning that it was up to date. But it really needs two updates is my theory, one to get it to 5.1.1 and another to get it to 5.1.2.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I got the update last night and installed it. The ECG is working now, good to see that the Sinus rhythm is there and I’m in good shape. I took it twice, after I first installed it. Then later after I had some time to sit and relax, it took a much smoother reading.

I’m going to do a long bike ride work out later today, night be fun to see what it reads after I finished.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Got my wife an iWatch 4 the other day.
ECG is pretty neat.

Still figuring out what thismwatch can do.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I recently discovered a neat trick on the Apple Watch. Maybe this is a commonly known feature, but I was wondering why sometimes when I put the watch on, I don’t need to enter the passcode. Turns out if the iPhone is awake and is unlocked, when you put the watch on, it unlocks too. So that’s neat!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Tony: I really appreciate the heart/health apps on the watch. Other than those, what I find most useful about the watch is the integration into the iOS apps. Being able to get notifications and texts on my watch without having to pull my phone out. The cool integration with turn-by-turn navigation. That kind of stuff. Other than the health stuff, the watch itself isn't revolutionary (for me), but it's the health stuff that makes it a game changer. Not just for me, but for any elderly relatives you may have that you want to gift to. Or anyone with chronic diseases or ailments that could benefit from it.

I forgot to put on my watch today, I was late to a meeting and rushed off, and I've felt naked without it all day. :laugh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Congrats on the purchase, Tony. As I always say, this is the best product Apple has ever made.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Unless you’re being facetious that has no info on using Amazon Music.
This is the same predicament my wife has. We have the Amazon dots all over our haouse so we use A Music

This watch is my wife’s so I won’t have anything to do with it and it’s currentLy 1700 miles away with her at her traveling job too.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Unless you’re being facetious that has no info on using Amazon Music.
This is the same predicament my wife has. We have the Amazon dots all over our haouse so we use A Music

This watch is my wife’s so I won’t have anything to do with it and it’s currentLy 1700 miles away with her at her traveling job too.
We are in a similar boat. I had years back ripped all my CDs and they were imported into iTunes, but you had to sync the iPad, iPhone, etc with that PC to get music. If I wanted to listen to a song I had to make a note to add it to a playlist on the next sync. Plus at the time I was buying all my music from Amazon as back then they were cheaper and used unencrypted MP3 files. Amazon would let you stream or download any music you had purchased from them, but for a while for $25/year they would allow you to upload all your other digital music to their servers essentially making it available in the cloud for instant gratification. That has made all my music available to play through Alexa on our Sonos speakers. If Apple had a similar program I would take advantage of it. Amazon has discontinued theirs, but all my music is grandfathered in.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sort of Apple Watch 4 related... a friend got a new Series 4 for Christmas. So he gave me his Series 3, giving me a major surprise upgrade from my wife's Series 0 watch. It's the cellular model (bright red dial), but I don't expect to turn that on (not for $10/mo).

Initial experience is as everyone said last year: the S3 is much faster than the S0, and generally behaves like you'd expect and hope the Apple Watch would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks