What's new

Apple Watch Series 4 Buyers and Owners thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ron, I was thinking about your post. I agree, I’d hate to see any Apple product get a bad rap. I work next to an Android guy who hates Apple so I never give him any ammo. He’s good natured about it but still!

I’m really happy with all my Apple products. It’s nice they just work. And I appreciate their no compromise design ethic. Of course nothing is perfect. So sometimes things can go wrong.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam, do you check the Apple Stote app for watch availability at Apple stores near you? That’s how I found mine. I simply used the store app on my iPhone and bought it. Then I was able to relax and go to the store at my leisure to pick it up.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ron, I was thinking about your post. I agree, I’d hate to see any Apple product get a bad rap. I work next to an Android guy who hates Apple so I never give him any ammo. He’s good natured about it but still!

I’m really happy with all my Apple products. It’s nice they just work. And I appreciate their no compromise design ethic. Of course nothing is perfect. So sometimes things can go wrong.
It's fine to dislike Apple, it's a free country. But for an Android guy to throw stones...let's just say the old "those in glass houses" adage 100% applies. :rolling-smiley:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
A1765E27-6908-4211-AA35-7D7D878AFA18.jpeg
Persistence pays off. Not Nike but that’s ok!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ll be watching for any deals after Thanksgiving ($25 BB GC with purchase, what have you), to get my wife the smaller Series 4 Al-oo-minium model.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I guess Apple pulled Watch OS 5.1 after it was bricking some watches in the upgrade process (including series 4s).

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/30/watchos-5-1-update-bricking-some-apple-watches/

Luckily I didn't even know it had come out so I hadn't begun the update process on my phone. Hopefully they figure this out soon.

Yikes, I read the forum comments on Macrumors. It's bad enough that Apple is sending replacements out to S4 owners who are affected! Must have been a very serious bug.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The Northern California fires are blanketing the San Francisco Bay Area where I live with the fire smoke. So the air has been very unhealthy here for the past 11 days. I learned of the air quality app on the watch and engaged it. It’s pretty neat. It must be gathering air quality data from local sensors. Not sure which company is doing the air sensing. One company I just learned of is Purple Air and they sell sensors and has a webpage with a map and the maps show sensor locations and their readings. One sensor very close to where I work has the same reading as the watch, though over the weekend, the sensors near my house didn’t agree with the Apple Watch AQ app. :). I might have to learn more about where the app gets its data. At any rate, this is another cool complication on the watch.

We’re expecting a rain storm to pass the area Tuesday night, Wednesday morning and we’re looking forward to the rain to wash all the smoke out of the air.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw a story this morning on the Apple News app from Time Magazine that Apple will release an update for the Apple Watch that will enable the ECG function. I’ve been waiting for this so I’ll be looking for the update alert and try to get that set up. I’ll be curious what you guys think if you have the ECG working.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
WatchOS 5.1.2 is available right now and yes, it includes the new ECG app.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just tested out the ECG app. It's very simple to use and is easy to set up.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I updated the Apple Watch 4 last night while I slept and updated the iOS on the iPhone X. I’m trying to see how to make the ECG work but the set up isn’t showing. I’ll figure it out.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I updated the Apple Watch 4 last night while I slept and updated the iOS on the iPhone X. I’m trying to see how to make the ECG work but the set up isn’t showing. I’ll figure it out.

You set it up in the Health app on your iPhone Nelson.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Have you tried starting the ECG app on your watch? That might kick it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks