1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Watch Series 4 Buyers and Owners thread

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Carlo Medina, Sep 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Message #261 of 277 Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Cranston37

Cranston37 Screenwriter

A great person to ask about sleep apnea if you don't want the cost of a regular doctor is your dentist. When mine did one of those 3D head scans he said he could tell enough about my airways to say it wasn't a problem for me.

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

So does Beddr tell you you have apnea? Why not just go to your doctor? I understand if your insurance doesn’t cover it, but if it does: I got diagnosed with sleep apnea and was professionally seen in a sleep clinic and given my CPAP for the price of a copay which is about 1/7th of the cost of Beddr.

This included testing if I had apnea and then a second overnight where they hooked me up to a cpap and a tech adjusted the airway pressure.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    My CPAP changed my life for the better. I sleep well with it.

4. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I would like for Podcast and Music app to not be active on my phone. If I’ve been in my car playing music from my iphone, hours later I’ll look at my watch and the first thing I see is the music app. A similar thing happens with the Podcast app even though I’m not using it. I use Overcast and that shows up on my watch too even though it’s not installed on the phone. I guess the Podcast app is doing it.

How can I stop them taking up screen time on my watch?

Speaking of Overcast (and Podcast when I used it), when it finishes one podcast I’d like it to play the next one in chronological order. Say I’ve started a podcast that hast 50 episodes and I start on number one. I’d like two to play automatically after finishing one.

For Overcast, Play Next By Priority is turned off and continuous play is on. I don’t see any other options to accomplish what I want.

thanx.

DaveF likes this.
  5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Either on your watch or on the iPhone Watch app, navigate to General --> Wake Screen and turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps.

I have a playlist created for the content I listen to and it sorts and plays by date. If you have a particular podcast that you want to listen to, say, the last 50 episodes of in order, you can always create a playlist for only that podcast and include the last 50 episodes. It's a little tedious but I don't really know any other way to accomplish what you want.

6. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I wanted to buy my wife a new Watch for our anniversary (in a couple days). But I checked MacRumors and was reminded that new watches have been coming out in the fall. Sigh. I can’t buy a new watch three months before new ones are announced. The downsides to being a tech nerd: gift-giving thwarted!

7. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    Thanks for the ideas. The idea of playing the next in order seems so natural to me. Why that’s not a basic option, I don’t know. But then I grew up with LPs and they played one track after another. I’ll try the playlist.

DavidJ likes this.
  8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I just created a playlist in Overcast. It appears the only episodes that can be added to the playlist are downloaded playlists. Do I have that right?

9. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    I think that’s correct.

10. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    On the iPhone app that’s easy. Go into a podcast’s folder, Sort by Unplayed and then play the first to get started. It will play in order.
    88CE0CFC-4596-47F0-8A85-B70C99CDA22E.

11. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    Does it actually do that for you? What happens to me is that when finishing a podcast it will play a started, but not finished podcast. Now when I look at the Unplayed list, all are played and I wonder why they remain in the unplayed list? Also, the unplayed list doesn’t include all unplayed. I just opened, but have not played any episodes, a new podcast. In the unplayed list are two episodes from season 2. Tried another podcast of only 4 episodes on in Unplayed is the last.

12. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    What do you have set for the Delete option? I've got my set to "When Completed" so podcasts are deleted immediately on completion and they don't stick around. Sounds like you've got it set for Manually, so they never go away and remain in your playlist and screw up your play order.

In Overcast, I also have Play Next By Priority turned on. After a podcast finishes, the next podcast it plays is always the top playlist in the current list. In Playlists, I tend to have them sorted by Oldest to Newest. If I play a podcast in the middle of the playlist, when it ends it goes to the top of the list, playing the oldest one. Within a Podcast list, I also have them normally sorted oldest to newest (Unplayed pointing up). When a podcast finishes, it automatically starts playing the podcast at the top of the list (the oldest, in my case).

Now, I don't listen to podcasts from my watch, so I don't know if that's the issue.

13. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    Your right, I had manual delete on nor was play next by priority on. I made those two updates and I’ll see how it works. My preference is not to have a playlist but just to use the podcast list. If I do that, will it play the next one in the list (sorted by oldest to newest) even if it’s not downloaded?

14. Message #274 of 277 Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Cranston37

Cranston37 Screenwriter

Maybe I'm reading what you're trying to accomplish incorrectly but wouldn't selecting "continuous playback" do what you're looking for?

ECEB1874-BD21-4681-B629-48ED7EE1E5B4.

15. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I think that’s the Apple Podcast app and we’re discussing overcast.

16. Cranston37

Cranston37 Screenwriter

Ah, I see. I didn't read back far enough. Carry on ;)

17. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    If you’re playing in the All tab, I think so. But I use Unplayed and only listen to downloaded podcasts, so I can’t say for certain. (I use both Playlists and Podcasts.)