What's new

Apple Watch Series 4 Buyers and Owners thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So you’re saying *this* is the Mirror Universe? And in the Prime Universe there’s a clean-shaven Ted who owns cats?!?! :D

I need to be more evil if I’m actually the alternate me!
This can’t be the mirror universe because we have free one-day Prime delivery in this one. :P

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
View attachment 59089 Lucy, our dog-like-dog (no cat involved) miniature schnauzer regularly plays by biting my hand or forearm, including my Apple Watch, but far from damaging it in any way, she has earned having her picture on it. (It and the strap are both stainless steel, maybe that has protected it from the damage she might cause to pillows and shoes. The strap is from my gen 0 Apple Watch, my current Watch one is a 3).

Not sure about this idea that small dogs are indoor/lapdogs. Our schnauzers get over an hour off the leash in Central Park every day, and are certifiably outdoor dogs - they sprint, play, meet & great many of their friends, wrestle, want to stay out all day in the case of a blizzard and assert their opinions (Lucy will growl & bark at anyone smoking a cigarette, Max barks* at bad art):

*Note that I'm only half joking - when I videoed this Max had *never* barked, (this was on Thanksgiving in Riverside Park - we had to avoid Central Park due to the Thanksgiving parade) - he was at that point 10 months old, and we thought we had the dog that was never going to bark. Since them he has only barked for two reasons - art criticism or saying to other dogs "play with me". (Which means he may not bark for weeks on end - Lucy OTOH barks like a typical schnauzer - full defense dog - anyone walking upstairs, or "talking" to people or other dogs. And I am absolutely not joking about smokers. She also barks at anyone walking like they are drunk or stoned.)

I’m still wanting to know how to make a Watch face out of one of my photos?

Top left is UV index. Top right is temperature.
Is there an app you downloaded to get the info? I was looking thru the available complications and didn’t find it.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m still wanting to know how to make a Watch face out of one of my photos?

Is there an app you downloaded to get the info? I was looking thru the available complications and didn’t find it.
It defaults there on the infograph face. It can be moved but I like it there.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So you’re saying *this* is the Mirror Universe? And in the Prime Universe there’s a clean-shaven Ted who owns cats?!?! :D

I need to be more evil if I’m actually the alternate me!
Well when I was a pre-beard kid a lot of the time I was living my grandparents I was indeed a cat person as they only had cats. So, I’ve already lived the mirror universe.

The biggest difference between dogs and cats, specifically terriers vs. ordinary tiger cats- the terriers (who are definitely in full of total love for their humans) only pretend to hunt, while the cats hunt and constantly catch for real. On a daily basis they hunt, catch and kill birds (by climbing high up in a tree and waiting for hours for a bird to land within striking distance) and then eating them, moles and mice (who they don’t eat, but proudly deliver and drop in front of the feet of their human masters).

The terriers pretend to chase squirrels or ducks but never get to anywhere close to striking distance, and totally ignore mice or any other disposable creatures that invade the house. They do perform tricks cats can’t do, like doing a full volume absolutely 100% accurate imitation of fire truck sirens- Lucy is so effective I’ve seen pedestrians ready to dive off the sidewalk thinking they are about to be hit by a fire truck that in reality is many blocks away

Last edited:

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Dogs can also do many jobs cats can’t- here is our Max refereeing in Central Park

Attachments

• 9FB10BCC-8964-42A9-84B9-08D8815D856B.jpeg
    9FB10BCC-8964-42A9-84B9-08D8815D856B.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 56

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is anyone using a sleep app, if so, which one? Anyone found a replacement for the Activity app?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I use AutoSleep and like it. Being able to see my sleep patterns and behavior are very interesting. I knew I often don’t sleep well but didn’t know my sleep was as interrupted and bad as it is.

ED5BBE9B-BC9A-4F6F-BF78-69F46C81EC6E.png

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Two things I've been curious about for people who use sleep trackers -

1) If you wear the watch when you sleep, when do you charge it?

2) Is there anything actionable you can do with the information it gives you or does it just confirm that you do or do not get good sleep?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is that related to sleep apnea?
Doesn’t have to be.

Two things I've been curious about for people who use sleep trackers -

1) If you wear the watch when you sleep, when do you charge it?

2) Is there anything actionable you can do with the information it gives you or does it just confirm that you do or do not get good sleep?
When I start using a sleep tracker I plan on taking it off when I wake and do my morning stuff. I think the watch charges pretty quickly.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I used sleep tracker for a little bit. It was okay. Not sure how accurate.

The problem was wearing the watch at night. Didn't initially like that idea. However, as it has been stated, you can put it on the charger first thing when you wake up and by the time you shower, brush your teeth and eat breakfast you have a full charge.

I ultimately stopped using the sleep tracker in favor of Beddr. It showed great possibility for sleep apnea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks