What's new

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not that I really want to buy one of these, but the new version better have whole integer frame rate compatibility and audio bitstreaming this time.
I’ve read tvOS supports integer framerates (24, 60 FPS) — should work on current Apple TV’s.

Don’t hold your breath for bitstreaming Atmos for HTPC use. That would be great, but doubtful.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
You can use Airplay to access itunes extras on the Roku, but it's a bit tricky- you have to play the movie on your iphone, turn it sideways and then an Extras button will be at the bottom of the screen. Hit that and you can play the extras from there and hit the Airplay button to view on the Roku.

I've become a big fan of Airplay for a number of reasons (main one being that I can get around several services that have annoying interfaces), wondering if I should spring for an Apple TV eventually- though there's still some apps I use on Roku that aren't available on it.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've yet to hear a compelling reason for integer frame rate. Fill me in?
Same reason as being able to do 23.976 and 29.97 correctly: to show content correctly in its native format.

Some shows are integer frame rates, and AppleTV judders because it can't play them correctly.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Same reason as being able to do 23.976 and 29.97 correctly: to show content correctly in its native format.

Some shows are integer frame rates, and AppleTV judders because it can't play them correctly.
I always wondered why Netflix-produced movies would stutter about every 40 seconds. So the new OS fixes that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarvelManiac68