What's new

Apple TV+ Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Lately, I've been thinking about trying Apple TV 4k, and the free trial will get me to try it.

I do love our Roku Ultra 4k, and I really like its remote better though too.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Apple dropped the price on its main new phone, the iPhone 11, to $699 from the $1,000 mark it charged in the past two years. Apple also introduced a new flagship phone, known as the Pro, that will sell for $1,000. Hope that doesn't mean they reduce the trade in value of current phone. Hope it is true that you get Apple TV free for a year with the purchase of a new Apple device.

Go Apple

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Skipping it. I already pay for three streaming services and Disney will be number four this fall so I can watch the Mandalorian. No room in the budget for yet another service.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Skipping it. I already pay for three streaming services and Disney will be number four this fall so I can watch the Mandalorian. No room in the budget for yet another service.

You don't see any value in it for just a month here or there, when it's less than the cost of 1 movie rental?

You certainly don't have to stay subscribed month after month...

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Then... you pay $4.99 a month...

I’m just surprised that they’re not offering some kind of intro offer to people who already have their tech. I bought two Macs in July/August and an AppleTV 4K in the winter. That’s an enormous sum over the course of a year, but apparently that counts for nothing because I bought in August instead of September? If they were looking to give people who were likely to try them out a reason not to, they should keep that up.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't think I'd classify Apple as a media company. They're an ecosystem company. ;)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What if I bought a new Mac, literally, last week? Am I still out in the cold?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I currently have Prime, Hulu and Netflix. I’ve not seen any Apple content that’s compelling enough to add it or replace one of the others. I’m a huge fan of licensed content and there’s not much I’ve heard about that so far.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I’m just surprised that they’re not offering some kind of intro offer to people who already have their tech. I bought two Macs in July/August and an AppleTV 4K in the winter.

I would love a free year too but giving that deal to everybody who owns a piece of Apple hardware? Do you really think that's reasonable?

Purchasing a Roku or Amazon Fire doesn't get you 1 free year of anything, but purchasing an Apple TV does. Shouldn't Apple be applauded for that?

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
What if I bought a new Mac, literally, last week? Am I still out in the cold?

Last week when you bought that Mac, college students buying the same Mac got $200 off, 20% off Apple Care, 6 free months of Apple Music and $4.99 pricing thereafter, and a free pair of $349 Beats headphones.

Did you post how upset you were over that or did I just miss it?

This deal does not start until November. Anybody who wants to take advantage of it has been given plenty of warning ahead of time to plan their purchases accordingly.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Maybe it's just rubbing me the wrong way, but I'm just surprised to see such... crankiness... over this.

The way I look at it - right now I can rent a movie on iTunes for $5.99 or watch Apple TV+ with a couple hundred hours of original programming for $4.99. If I share it with up to 6 members of my family that works out to .83¢ per person. Some get it free for 1 full year.

Is there any way Apple could have packaged this to have garnered a better reaction or did Apple never have a chance?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks