What's new

Apple TV+ Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Scrapple vote, should this topic be moved to the streaming forum, now, when it launches, or have a separate discussion there?
Thanks for pointing out to me that the Streaming Forum exists...:unsure:
I’m very guilty of neglecting HTFs original purpose - in 1998(?) I started collecting DVDs, so it meant a lot to me in that way, but the last few years I have stopped buying Blu-rays*, and really have always been first and foremost a movie theater goer. If there was a Walter Reade - Film at Lincoln Center Forum, there I wouldn’t be obsessing with Apple.
But, I have been spending lots more time with streaming- so, I should pay attention

*I ended up with a several dead Criterion Blu-rays which really left me with a bad taste with collecting.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Any word yet on when the Apple TV app will be arriving on Roku and Fire devices?

This is how it's currently stated on Apple's site:

EFC0A81E-9F64-4A7C-A85B-9A4F80C1EB86.jpeg

Outside of that, who knows. My guess is it will happen by the fall when Apple TV+ launches. They will want those platforms onboard by then.

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
$10 is too much for a service that has only announced 12 shows. What if half of them suck? Compared to Disney+, this is a rip-off.

I’m interested in a couple of the announced shows. I’ll probably wait until they are available, subscribe and binge, then cancel. Without a decent catalogue of licensed material, I’m just not paying $10 a month year round.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I have no interest in this or Disney. The amount of stuff out there is already overwhelming.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I have no interest in this or Disney. The amount of stuff out there is already overwhelming.

I find Disney to be an amazing deal for essentially $5.83 a month (if done yearly). The price of one Disney blu-ray would get you 4-5 months of unlimited Disney movies and original programming through Disney+

Last edited:

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I find Disney to be an amazing deal for essentially $5.83 a month (if done yearly). The price of one Disney blu-ray would get you 4-5 months of unlimited Disney movies and original programming through Disney+
Gotta agree (and I don’t buy Disney BDs) - it is a great deal. To put it another way, I am currently watching their stuff on Netflix and it will be moved to Disney+

So far as Apple - that remains to be seen. If their is some sort of bundle with iCloud storage and Apple Music I’d go for it. Otherwise, the SciFi shows have to be very, very good.

Then again, I am hooked by Star Trek Discovery, but there is no way I am paying $9.99 for CBS All Access, so I wait for summer vacations in Europe and watch it there on Netflix.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So far as Apple - that remains to be seen. If their is some sort of bundle with iCloud storage and Apple Music I’d go for it. Otherwise, the SciFi shows have to be very, very good.

Apple I'm waiting to learn more about before forming an opinion. $9.99 for a service with 12 shows? Something just doesn't sound right to me...

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Not saying it's a bad deal, just that it doesn't interest me personally. Between Netflix, Amazon, Criterion, Crave (which includes HBO, Showtime and Starz), not to mention traditional TV and movies, there's already way more than I could ever conceivably watch.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Not saying it's a bad deal, just that it doesn't interest me personally. Between Netflix, Amazon, Criterion, Crave (which includes HBO, Showtime and Starz), not to mention traditional TV and movies, there's already way more than I could ever conceivably watch.

And I know I'm going to get pilloried for mentioning this again, but that is why I rotate my streaming service subscription every month.

I need to stay subscribed to YouTube TV so I can watch live news and sports, but staying subscribed to multiple entertainment services at the same time just doesn't make sense to me.

There are only so many hours in the day and dollars on my wallet, yet all of the services have something that interests me. It works very well for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks