Apple TV+ Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Looks like another movie I won't be seeing anytime soon as I refuse to subscribe to Apple TV. Down the road, if they acquire enough stuff I want to see then I might do so for a one month subscription. I don't even know if that's allowed or not.

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Looks like another movie I won't be seeing anytime soon as I refuse to subscribe to Apple TV. Down the road, if they acquire enough stuff I want to see then I might do so for a one month subscription. I don't even know if that's allowed or not.
1 month is $5 which would be less than renting it. There's a free trial as well.

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
"The streamers loathe giving up exact numbers, but I’m told that the film turned in a viewing audience commensurate with a summer theatrical box office big hit"

Reactions: Neil S. Bulk

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So how many here have Apple TV+ and what are your thoughts on it? I already own a Apple TV 4K box and have been thinking about the Apple TV+ service.

Ted Todorov

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
You mean tvOS 14? As mentioned a few posts up, YouTube still needs to update their app.
No, I did simply mean the latest version of 13, not the 14 Beta. I just wanted to know if there *ever* was a 4K YouTube version for aTV

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had the service for free because of a new hardware purchase, but when that free year ends, I’ll do what I do with all my subscription services: I’ll activate it when there’s something I want to watch and deactivate it when that something is finished. I can’t see myself subscribing year round to any service that doesn’t offer me 52 weeks of interesting new content, and I don’t expect any service to reach that bar for me.

But I know that since I’ve gotten rid of cable and just switched to rotating apps, I’m getting all the content I want and paying less for it than I ever have.

I still think, for what it is, that A+ for $5 a month is a great value. It’s simply not a great value, in my book, to leave the subscription on in perpetuity. But watching all ten episodes of “For All Mankind” is certainly worth $5 in my book. Watching “Greyhound” for $5 is certainly worth it in my book - Warner and Universal charge $20 for rentals of similar new releases.

I’m not trying to argue that anyone should sign up for an obligation they don’t want, but I’m just saying that for myself, I tend not to think of any of these apps as being permanent lifestyle choices. If the price for one month of a service is on par with what it costs to rent an individual film, and all I want is that one film, I see that as being good enough.

Reactions: Jeff Adkins

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metlerdavid