What's new

Apple TV+ Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Finished the Morning Show season, have to say, it is very, very good.

I agree. The Morning Show was excellent.

But Apple TV + is really kind of bumpy. Servant is interesting but seems like it should be a mini-series or just 1 season. I can imagine the mysteries and clues will just pile on until none of it makes any sense - or the writers can't tie it all together - just like it has happened on similar weird shows.

I'm still looking forward to the Amazing Stories reboot. Hoping it will be good.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I’m beginning to see that “Servant” is a show that has 6 episodes worth of story that they decided to stretch into 10...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I’m beginning to see that “Servant” is a show that has 6 episodes worth of story that they decided to stretch into 10...
Actually, it's been renewed for a second season and the producers are hoping to get 60 episodes before it wraps up! Unless it's like American Horror Story with some interconnected storylines I don't see how THIS story can last that long.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Actually, it's been renewed for a second season and the producers are hoping to get 60 episodes before it wraps up! Unless it's like American Horror Story with some interconnected storylines I don't see how THIS story can last that long.

Yeah, I’ve been waiting to form my opinion on a 2nd season until I see the last episode and find out what’s up. Right now I just want to be done with it to be honest...

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
There are a number of Netflix shows that I always felt like you could watch the first 2 episodes and the last 2 and get the whole story.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I made a similar "Servant" comment a few posts up. It seems more like a Twilight Zone type of story but instead of ending, it has been serialized like nearly every other TV show these days. Not everything needs to go on forever. It is an interesting show, but I don't know how it can go on much longer.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Having now finished season 1 of “Servant”... yeah, won’t be back for season 2...

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Having now finished season 1 of “Servant”... yeah, won’t be back for season 2...

I don't know what to make of this show. It certainly is well made, unique and interesting, but like Lost and Twin Peaks, the mysteries just pile on without any resolution to any of them. Lost used to breathlessly promote "All Your Questions Will Be Answered". And then none of them ever were. I understand a cliff-hanger or two, but here we are at end of Season 1 of Servant and instead of a simple cliffhanger, we're introduced to another bizarre new character at the last second and that's it. Perhaps in the time it takes for a 2nd season to show up, I'll have moved on to more satisfying storytelling somewhere else too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I don't know what to make of this show. It certainly is well made, unique and interesting, but like Lost and Twin Peaks, the mysteries just pile on without any resolution to any of them. Lost used to breathlessly promote "All Your Questions Will Be Answered". And then none of them ever were.
What questions from Lost do you think weren't answered? I know that show very well and all but a fraction of fairly inconsequential questions were answered.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
What questions from Lost do you think weren't answered? I know that show very well and all but a fraction of fairly inconsequential questions were answered.

Thanks! But it's been too long to remember specifics, and I have moved on. What I do remember is that I enjoyed watching the show in its initial few seasons, but I remember being increasingly unsatisfied with the final season and especially the finale because at least I didn't think the show resolved storylines. Maybe I just didn't get it. But I'm growing weary of serialized, never ending shows in general.

I'm looking forward to Amazing Stories on Apple TV +. Starts in a month or so I believe. A unique story, or even an alternative story-telling style, can be done in a single episode and move on.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to Amazing Stories on Apple TV +. Starts in a month or so I believe. A unique story, or even an alternative story-telling style, can be done in a single episode and move on.

Definitely looking forward to it! I'm also very interested in Visible: Out On Television in February.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe half of those I agree with (the outrigger chase is the biggest one to me because it clearly was a setup to the same scene from a different POV but it never came) but many of the other questions don't really require an explanation or an answer would be trying to explain magic. The producers always (correctly in my opinion) cited the midichlorians in the Star Wars prequels as an example of how it can be a mistake to try to explain things that are basically 'magic'.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It always gets me when people say they didn’t explain the polar bears. Every single time I have a conversation about Lost, someone will always claim they’re didn’t explain the bears. Every. Single. Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks