1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Sam Posten, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Message #221 of 234 Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Thucydides

Thucydides Auditioning

Shane
    Apple is delaying the theatrical release originally scheduled for December 6. If they can't get the green light from Garrett Jr's sisters, they should probably write off whatever they paid for the film and wash their hands of it. Perhaps return the rights to the producers and let them do with it whatever they see fit. If it does go on the market again, I doubt any company will want to touch it. In the event Apple is done with it, the film could be finished.

The producers' lawyer is saying this could be fixed by simply describing the film as "based on true events." But there's little chance that would be satisfactory to Apple.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/the-banker-release-delayed-apple-bernard-garrett-jr-1203413585/

2. Thucydides

Thucydides Auditioning

Shane
  3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Anyone watching Morning Show?

Jeff Adkins likes this.
  4. Message #224 of 234 Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David
    I am and I'm liking it.

What I can't figure out with Apple TV + though is how in the world can you watch the credits!!!!

It automatically goes to another show about 4 seconds into the closing credits. I hate it. I've tried every conceivable trick but it still escapes to another show.

5. Cranston37

Cranston37 Screenwriter

I'm curious what other members are experiencing - I just tested this and mine plays the credits straight through...

6. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

Depending on what you are doing with the remote - I too experienced the Netflix effect of "no credits for you" most of the time.

Yes, watching and really enjoying the Morning Show as well as For All Mankind

7. David Deeb

David
    I have 2 different experiences from the same 6th episode of "The Morning Show". Using the Apple TV app in the dock on my MacBook Pro - the episode plays through the credits without any interruption or any ad overlays of any other show.

On my Apple TV 4K streaming device, when I get to the credits, of this same episode, several other show icons pop-up in the lower third. They show what's next in the queue. Unlike Netflix, where there is a "watch credits" option, I assume I have mere seconds to navigate somehow to a "keep playing credits" function, but I can't do it. Within seconds, the next program starts playing. The infuriating remote control does not make it any easier. You have a few seconds to zoom your way around that touch pad but it's pointless.

I haven't tried it on the Apple TV app on my Roku Ultra yet, but I will.

Many things I like about my Apple TV 4K over my Roku Ultra 4K, but the Apple's remote can try your patience sometimes.

8. Cranston37

Cranston37 Screenwriter

Yes, that I get - what I don't get is what you described earlier, which was it goes to another show...

9. David Deeb

David
    That is totally strange! Why it happens to some and not others. But it's definitely going to another show. I had to go back to the beginning and scroll to the end 7-8 times, but it just keeps bumping to the next show. Same thing happened on previous episodes too.

Cranston37 likes this.
  10. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    I don't think there is a "play credits" option to click on but, if you press the MENU button on your Apple TV remote, this lower third pop-up goes away and the credits continue.

David Deeb and Jeff Adkins like this.
  11. David Deeb

David
    Thanks. That did seem to work. I still wish there was more "time" before it auto-plays the next episode though. You have to have remote handy and ready to go because you only have a few seconds.

12. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I’m kinda hate watching Morning Show and enjoying it despite thinking it’s not very good. I can’t decide if Jennifer Aniston is just a terrible actress, if her character is supposed to be terrible, or if the writing and direction are so bad that no one’s on the same page for what the audience is meant to take away from all of this. I’m leaning towards thinking that her character is meant to be terrible but that she doesn’t have the range to sell it.

13. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

Jennifer Aniston is clearly a good actress - see for instance https://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/07/movies/film-review-the-catcher-in-the-texas-chain-store.html
    It isn't so much that she is playing evil person in the Morning Show, as someone who has been playing the same character for so long (waking up at 3:30 AM every morning to do it) that she is completely separated and lost from who she is, or more accurately, was. She has no idea how she is supposed to act now that her daily role is changing. She can't be herself as she doesn't even know who that is.

14. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

I will say that Billy Crudup's character tends to get all the best lines - he is having a great time chewing scenery.

Jeff Adkins and Josh Steinberg like this.