1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Apple TV+ Video Service - Exclusives, Shows and Subscribers discussion

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Sam Posten, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cranston37

Cranston37 Cinematographer

Sam Posten likes this.
  2. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Cinematographer
    Supporter

Didn’t find an existing topic for Apple’s new tv+ service. We got a year free because we purchased a second Apple TV 4K recently. Tonight was my first look at one of Apple’s shows, I started with The Morning Show.

I’m hooked. I’ve watched three episodes and I’m really enjoying The Morning Show. I know the reviews have been mixed to weak regarding this show, but I don’t understand why. I’m finding it very entertaining.

Anyone else watching and enjoying The Morning Show?

Mark

Jeff Adkins likes this.
  3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Hey Mark!

Got a dedicated viewer right here.

Despite mixed reviews, I think THE MORNING SHOW is solid entertainment. I am kind of bummed that after just three episodes there is no more to watch at the moment. I could have easily binged this entire show.

Great performances all around, though we don't see too much of Steve Carell's character.

Jeff Adkins likes this.
  4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Mark,

There is a thread on the Apple TV+ service in the streaming section of the forum. It's hard to miss.

Sam Posten likes this.
  5. Cranston37

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/apple-tv-video-service-exclusives-shows-and-subscribers-discussion.355989/

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Sam Posten and Scott Merryfield like this.
  7. Cranston37

8. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    I have no interest in News+. Subscribe to it for about 6 months and rarely touched the added + features so I canceled.

I'd be more interested in just a TV+ and Music bundle or, a TV+, Music, Arcade bundle.

9. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

iCloud Storage, Music & TV+ are my prime choices, but I wouldn't refuse News +

10. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

Saw The Elephant Queen on aTV +
    Again I need to emphasize, not only how good the 4K HDR video is, but also the just phenomenal 5.1 audio. Especially the rear/side L/R channels are better used than anything I can recall from any other streaming source.

Sam Posten and dpippel like this.
  11. David Deeb

David Deeb Screenwriter

David
    Agreed. The Apple TV+ content looks better than any other 4K streaming content I've ever seen on my Sony OLED. By miles.

Apparently, it also hogs more data than any other as well. It really spiked our data usage streaming their series so far. Will have to pay attention to how much Apple TV+ 4K we stream. But it sure is beautiful.

12. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Cinematographer
    Supporter

Movies via Apple's iTunes store also have noticeably superior streaming quality compared to Netflix, Amazon, and Vudu.

Mark

Tino, Jeff Adkins and Josh Steinberg like this.
  13. Thucydides

Thucydides Auditioning

Shane
    I think it was appropriate to hold off on The Banker given the allegations.

It's not just the credible rape accusations against Garrett Jr. by his sisters but also the allegation that he may have lied about their fathers story (as told in the film) in order to erase or minimize certain inconvenient aspects of his life. I read somewhere that the producers are looking at screening the film for the victims in order to see if there is anything specific they can address or fix in the movie. Probably wise.

All this stuff was made known to the producers and Apple just in the last week, only after Apple bought the movie. Just bad luck for the company.

14. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    I'm not ready to just give the producers a pass. Shouldn't they research the story they are about to tell. It appears they never talked to other family members before making the movie which is own them. I mean, according to one of the sisters' comments, their mother is white, not black as depicted in the movie. This is Cynthia Garrett's (on o the sisters) comment:

The producers may have only found out recently but, they probably should have known a long time ago if they had only talked with others in the family.

15. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    For those of us who can’t get that link to open can someone provide specifics on whatever is being discussed in the last few posts.

16. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    One of the sister's comments are in the quote in my previous post. Basically, Garrett Jr., their half brother is accused of sexually abusing his sisters and changing the true story of their father to leave them out. From what I've gather reading some more articles, the time line in the movie was moved so that Garrett Sr. was married to his first wife, portrayed by Nia Long, instead of who he was actually married to during the events of the film, his second wife (Linda) who is white. Other changes as well to basically not show the rest of the family. The sisters and their mother Linda, actually co-own all the real estate and banks. That's what I have gathered and read, unless I have misunderstood something.

Not sure if this link will work for you:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/apple-canceled-banker-premiere-sexual-abuse-claims-real-life-subjects-son-1256695

A little from the above link:

17. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Who is the Garrett family?

18. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    This is what I’m getting at.
    I feel like we’ve jumped in right in the middle of a conversation.

19. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    Sorry.

Bernard Garrett Sr. is "The Banker" portrayed by Anthony Mackie in the film.

His son, Bernard Garrett Jr. had a producer credit on the film until it was recently removed. He is accused of sexual assault and accused of altering the facts to write out his half sisters and their mother. Nia Long portrays Eunice Garrett in the film but, according to the half sisters, Bernard Sr. was already divorced from Eunice during the events of the film. Linda Garrett is his second wife and the mother of the sisters. They say she actually co-owned the banks with Bernard Sr. One said she is white and didn't fit the narrative the filmmakers wanted to tell. Quote from one of the sisters, Cynthia: