What's new

Apple TV hook up (1 Viewer)

kpam1965

Auditioning
Real Name
Kent
Greeting all.

I am having a technical problem. It deals with a new Apple TV as well as my own incompetence. I recently bought the Apple TV and can't figure out how to hook it up to my system. We recently did a reno and had a home theatre put in where all the wiring is nicely hidden in the walls. I have a Denon AVR 2308 receiver and a Fujitsu plasma screen. The speakers are B&W. There are no speakers on the TV.

I can get a picture from the Apple TV but no sound. The video hookup from the receiver to the tv is not with a HDMI cable. I can get a video signal by running a hdmi cable from the tv directly to the apple tv. I have an optical cord but can't figure out where to put it. There is an outlet on the back for DVR and I plugged the optical cable through it to the apple TV. When the receiver is tuned to DVR there is no sound. I would have thought there would have been.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tbuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Terry buckland
I have the same setup, however with a pioneer elite tv. Everything is tucked nicely within the walls and I have the apple tv hooked up by hdmi to the pioneer tv, but no sound. The speakers for the tv were not hooked up opting instead for vienna speakers. No clue where I can hook up the optical cord and no clue if I should just hook it up to the back of the denon receiver and if it would then work. Does anybody have any experience in simply fixing this or any ideas on why the sound won't work once I have it hooked up to the tv. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks