What's new

Apple TV adding 4K & HDR capability! (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Looks good to me ...

And with a VUDU app now available and Amazon Prime coming, this is now a very competitive streamer!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The 64GB isn't RAM, it's solid state storage. If you download a movie rather than streaming it for example, it would go there. Both the 32GB and 64GB Apple TV have 3GB of RAM.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I think the storage is for apps and games. The current version of Apple TV doesn't allow you to download movies to the device. I don't imagine that's changed.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The 64GB isn't RAM, it's solid state storage. If you download a movie rather than streaming it for example, it would go there. Both the 32GB and 64GB Apple TV have 3GB of RAM.
Thanks. After posting my question, I thought it was probably storage and not RAM. For someone like me who only uses a few apps, I would assume the 32GB version would be sufficient.

I will wait until the Amazon app is available and also to see how stable the product is before buying one. So far, it seems like every 4K device that hits the market has some bugs upon release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks. After posting my question, I thought it was probably storage and not RAM. For someone like me who only uses a few apps, I would assume the 32GB version would be sufficient.

I will wait until the Amazon app is available and also to see how stable the product is before buying one. So far, it seems like every 4K device that hits the market has some bugs upon release.
For only $20 more I decided to double it to 64.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Does this work with regular HD TVs as well? My AppleTV (which is a couple models behind) is starting to get glitchy so I suppose I'm due to upgrade the box, but I'm not planning on upgrading to a 4K TV in the near future.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I would be very highly surprised if this model doesn't support HD resolutions. As long as you have hdmi you should be all set.

From the Apple website under "What you need"
HD or 4K HDR TV

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How do folks decide between 32GB and 64GB? (I bought the smaller of the HD models when I bought last year)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks