What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Huge and I mean HUGE sale over at iTunes.

Seems as though everything is on sale.

Criterion titles for $9.99
4K Bond films for as little as $4.99 in a bundle

Classics.

Biggest sale I’ve ever seen. Use the CheapCharts app.

Wow.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the heads-up Tino. Unfortunately, I can only find the Bond bundles in SD/HD. The 4K titles only show as individually available for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the heads-up Tino. Unfortunately, I can only find the Bond bundles in SD/HD. The 4K titles only show as individually available for me.
@dpippel Do you already own those titles on iTunes? I bought those the bundles except Roger Moore and all of them are in 4K.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Do you already own those titles on iTunes? I bought those the bundles except Roger Moore and all of them are in 4K.

I do not own them on iTunes Robert. I double-checked and the only way I can purchase them on iTunes in 4K is individually. All of the Bond bundles are showing as available only in SD and HD for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I do not own them on iTunes Robert. I double-checked and the only way I can purchase them on iTunes in 4K is individually. All of the Bond bundles are showing as available only in SD and HD for me.
@dpippel How are you viewing these title's formats? Are you using iTunes on your 4KATV? Also, if you buy a title in HD on iTunes it will upgrade to 4K if it's available in 4K on iTunes.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Robert. Nope, I was browsing the sale in the iTunes app on my MacBook Pro.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Robert. Nope, I was browsing the sale in the iTunes app on my MacBook Pro.
@dpippel That explains it! For some reason, several titles that are available in 4K only show HD available when browsing those titles using the iTunes app on your laptop or desktop. I just browsed those Bond bundles again and they're showing only HD, but if I pull them up on my 4KATV they play back in 4K. Now, these are 4K titles without HDR.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
That’s just iTunes being weird. Rest assured anything you buy directly from iTunes in a bundle will be the 4K version. However it will port to Movies Anywhere as HD because iTunes has the bundle tagged as HD. I know this because I bought the Harry Potter bundle on iTunes and all the movies were 4K but only ported to MA as HD.
Edit: Well duh, actually the Bond films won’t port over to MA because they are MGM titles, but regardless, bundles at iTunes are 4K if the individual titles are.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And streaming is supposedly going to kill physical media... :rolling-smiley:

People not wanting to buy physical media is what's going to kill physical media :D

Ownership of movies has never really been the norm for the vast majority of movie watchers. For a brief period, the widespread availability and relatively low cost of DVD caused a temporary explosion in ownership, but I'm not surprised to see that going away with more convenient and less expensive options now available. Historically, the norm has always been that a small handful of people like to collect, while the vast majority are happy to just "watch a movie" without having a specific need to watch a specific version of a specific film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just bought the Bond Moore bundle and it is definitely 4K.
That and Timothy Dalton are the only ones I didn't buy as I can't stand those Bond films. To each his own as I know many of us have grown up on Moore as Bond, but I grew up on Connery so I found Moore lacking in that role. Too suave and not enough toughness for me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That and Timothy Dalton are the only ones I didn't buy as I can't stand those Bond films. To each his own as I know many of us have grown up on Moore as Bond, but I grew up on Connery so I found Moore lacking in that role. Too suave and not enough toughness for me.
Moonraker and Spy Who Loved Me are guilty pleasures.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My old iTunes code redemption of Schindler's List just upgraded to 4K, however not HDR. Vudu has HDR, why not iTunes?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My old iTunes code redemption of Schindler's List just upgraded to 4K, however not HDR. Vudu has HDR, why not iTunes?

This type of thing is very frustrating to me especially as someone who is new to the digital code/streaming.
I have the chart but even that is confusing to me a little.

Who offers Atmos or HDR or where to redeem to get 4K from the most locations.

I guess Movies Anywhwre was supposed to deal with that but it really doesn’t.

I’m still having a block on buying a digital version of movies.
I want to do it but I feel like I’m buying a bag of air.
Feel like I still need to buy the disc.
Then there are so many movies in 4K digital that you can buy for a fraction of the cost of a disc.

I can but all 5 4K Die Hards for $25.

All three Men In Black for $15 as well as all three GhostBusters for $15.

I did buy 2 movies and one was by accident because I hit a button.
Bought the 4K Rocky because I love it and wanted to buy something.
Also by accident I got the 4K Escape Plan for $5.

Just have to get over it I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks