Apple TV 4K official

Sam Posten

Real Name
Sam Posten
So you're going to forego watching the disc that has a Dolby Atmos track for a 4K stream on AppleTV which doesn't have Dolby Atmos sound as far as we know now?
No. I'm going to watch the hell out of the UHD in 7.1.4 Atmos in my basement when the disk arrives. I watched it via Apple TV streaming in 1080p in my living room because I couldn't wait for the disk. $20 well spent.

I'll sell off the code when I get it, or redeem on Vudu if that's possible.

I rebooted my iPhone, everything still shows HD.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Premium
Real Name
Jason
I ordered one today, the 64 gig. Might be what gets me away from disc buying. I have been a fan of Vudu UHD, looks great, but their pricing and studio support sucks. Apple just swooped in and fixed all of that. Disney is missing, but I really dont care, Im over their antics of the last year.

Reactions: Sam Posten

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I ordered one today, the 64 gig. Might be what gets me away from disc buying. I have been a fan of Vudu UHD, looks great, but their pricing and studio support sucks. Apple just swooped in and fixed all of that. Disney is missing, but I really dont care, Im over their antics of the last year.
Hopefully Movie Anywhere will swoop in and things will be a lot less murky

Sam Posten

Real Name
Sam Posten
Just remember that disks will still be the only place for uncompressed audio for a while, and ATV will not support DTS:X or Atmos at least at the start.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Premium
Real Name
Jason
Just remember that disks will still be the only place for uncompressed audio for a while, and ATV will not support DTS:X or Atmos at least at the start.
That is one place where it won't affect me which is why I am a little excited. I'm running a 2.2 setup with dual monitors and dual 15" subs. We stay behind and I have like 20 discs in cases just sitting here. The convenience of streaming whenever I want is appealing if the PQ delivers.

I recently checked out the Directv 4K PPV of Alien Covenant (it downloads as 2160p/24) and it looked great. No HDR so a little flat, but I wanna see what these HDR itunes movies look like.

DavidJ

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Got mine ordered early this morning. Went with the 32 gb model. I hope I don't regret that, but I think I'll be ok.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joiejpenn