What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Alright, I took a chance and became a Beta Tester on my ATV4K unit in my main HT. The following titles I was able to sample in Dolby Atmos using my Vudu app on my ATV4K unit:

Black Panther
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Peter Rabbit
The Incredibles
Thor: Ragnorak
Coco

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Last Jedi UHD DV. I only have a few, I am just now getting into this movies anywhere, digital copy stuff. It is crazy, they have a huge spreadsheet on how to redeem a digital copy because it is all convoluted lol.

I bought a Synology NAS with two drives, have the ATV, going to put infuse on it for media playback, and have the new Dune Player Pro 4K on order. I'm done buying discs, and I am not paying $5 for rentals either. Digi copy purchases from disc buyers are the way to go.
What’s the NAS for if you’re going streaming?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Still no luck for me. As I posted over at MacRumors...

I ‘m connecting my Atv 4k to a high end Denon 6300 and that outputs to 7.1.4 speakers and a projector. Atmos works perfectly well on all my other streaming and disk based devices. In current beta I can’t get anything to output Atmos at all. My receiver shows straight 5.1 PCM in and out. So whatever trick Apple is doing to pass Atmos to soundboard isn’t working with a full Atmos setup. Anyone else tried with a receiver setup?

upload_2018-6-30_14-36-14.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sam,

As I previously stated, I get Dolby Atmos using the Vudu app on my ATV4K hooked up to my Yamaha 3060 receiver.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sam, a side question, but you don’t use a surround mode to create the height channels on non Atmos soundtracks, or even 7.1?

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
What’s the NAS for if you’re going streaming?
I'm putting all the stuff I won into MKV so they are easily accessible. I have the mrmc app now on the ATV, and it streams files off the NAS with excellent PQ once I got it all setup properly.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I should take a look at MrMC and Infuse. I’ve been meaning to do a 2018 comparo of alternatives to Emby, my current server and client solution.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m on Beta 3 now and still no Atmos on anything. My Denons all report straight 5.1 PCM. My Vudu UHDs are all playing in HD. Wahhh
Sam,

I updated again last night and no Atmos with iTunes. However, my Vudu UHD titles with Dolby Atmos are still playing as such with 7.2.4 configuration.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, uh, apparently you have to turn on UHD playback in the Vudu app on ATV? What kinda bullshit stupidity is that?
Today, both Vudu and iTunes has the UHD version of Tomb Raider (2018) for $9.99. I bought the Vudu version and played Dolby Atmos on Vudu as well as the Vudu app on iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks