What's new

Apple TV 4K 32GB for $90 at AT&T Store - SOLD OUT (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You beat me to the punch. Was just about to post this.

This is a GREAT deal!

I may buy another one today at that price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
....and already sold out....

You know, I procrastinated on this. I finally ordered 10 minutes before you posted this. Glad I got in before the bell.

I posted this in the Apple forum houuurs ago =p

A new thread or embedded in another?

I thought the most exposure would be in the Bargains and Deals area.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I made it fortunately. Have been considering adding the unit. We have the Roku Ultra, but really like getting this into the rest of our Apple integration. So heard about it and drove to a store and got one. Maybe that is a still available if some people are lucky.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
That was a helluva deal! And, David, you will be very happy with your Apple TV. It's a really superb streaming device.

Thanks. I can't wait to try it out!

And new electronics for the weekend. Is there anything more exciting for a home theater enthusiast! Ha.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sons of bitches over at AT&T

Got a notice this morning they canceled my order.

They gave no reason. Have to wait for customer service to open to find out.

I suspect they sold more of these than they actually had stock on hand for.

I'll let you know when I find out.

Guess I'll have to wait till Black Friday.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't think many of you are aware of what happened this past week with that AT&T deal.

In a way, I am happy you don't. That means you had no issues getting the deal.

There are very many people who had a problem. I am one of those people.

The Internet is filled with complaints about the way AT&T handled that sale.

Essentially, they oversold product. They weren't selling according to what they had in inventory.

Even worse, they didn't send cancelations out to people until a week later. And on top of that, with no reason for the cancelation attached.

There were dozens of people like myself who spent an hour on the phone trying to get through to the right AT&T rep. Most reps can't even look up orders on your account.

So, in that week that I thought I had secured an Apple 4kTV, I could have been going to stores looking for one if AT&T had only immediately been able to tell me that they didn't have stock.

Look, I didn't NEED one of these. I have two ATV 4k devices already. It was an impulse buy. But, damnit, AT&T should have known better than to oversell the product.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
This kind of thing is all too common, unfortunately. As the guy who posted thread in the first place, you have my apologies, Ron. Sorry that it turned out the way it did for you!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This kind of thing is all too common, unfortunately. As the guy who posted thread in the first place, you have my apologies, Ron. Sorry that it turned out the way it did for you!

(laughing)

Not your fault. The deal was legit. I found it on my own and you just posted it here before I could.

And, many of you did get one of the products.

I didn't really need it. So, there may be the silver lining in all of this. Just pissed that AT&T did this. I would have expected better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgs