What's new

Apple Pay at Chevron not working for me (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone here used Apple Pay at the Chevron gas pumps? I've tried two separate times and it wasn't authorized. I've used Apple Pay successfully many times at other retailers. Even the cafeteria where I work.

My friend's wife successfully used Apple Pay with her Watch at the same Chevron I tried. And it worked for her. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I asked the guy in the cashier both and he said it randomly fails on people. There's no specific instruction on how to do it. I tried to pass my iPhone near the sensor, it read it, finger print worked. Then the display says failed to authorize. Maybe I was supposed to press a button to specify payment type?

I could try a different pump next time.

Thanks for any insights.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yes, try specifying the payment type. I only use Amex and don't do a lot of APay, but single card has never failed for me, maybe try eliminating cards down to 1.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Sam, could be that I didn't specify payment type. I'll try that next time.

I currently only have one card set up on my Apple Pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks