What's new

Apple News+ ? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I got an email saying my subscription to the service is confirmed. I’m getting a free 30 day trial after which they’re going to charge me $10 a month. The email looks authentic, but I didn’t sign up for it. I didn’t even know apple had a video news service.

Anyone else getting this?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I got an email saying my subscription to the service is confirmed. I’m getting a free 30 day trial after which they’re going to charge me $10 a month. The email looks authentic, but I didn’t sign up for it. I didn’t even know apple had a video news service.

Anyone else getting this?

A video news service?! You sure?! No such thing exists.

There is a News+ service. That's their magazine service. Apple TV+ is their TV service.

Okay, so that is the first head-scratcher.

The second head-scratcher is that they started your subscription without you initiating it.

Do you have a copy of the letter you can post?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A video news service?! You sure?! No such thing exists.

There is a News+ service. That's their magazine service. Apple TV+ is their TV service.

Okay, so that is the first head-scratcher.

The second head-scratcher is that they started your subscription without you initiating it.

Do you have a copy of the letter you can post?
Actually, the email doesn’t mention video, it just says “Apple News+”, and I assumed it was a streaming thing. My bad. I haven’t clicked on anything in the email. The email it’s from is [email protected]. Don’t know if that’s a valid apple email.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m guessing you use the News app, and tapped the “trial” button for the News+ service without realizing it.
7E013932-6FB7-49CA-936A-A997AC9179E8.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You can look on your iPhone to see if you actually have a subscription in place:

SETTINGS -> SUBSCRIPTIONS

Note: This is on iOS 13. The older versions of iOS has a more complex method of getting to your subscriptions.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m guessing you use the News app, and tapped the “trial” button for the News+ service without realizing it.
View attachment 64280
I don’t remember pushing that button.

You can look on your iPhone to see if you actually have a subscription in place:

SETTINGS -> SUBSCRIPTIONS

Note: This is on iOS 13. The older versions of iOS has a more complex method of getting to your subscriptions.
Yup, I was subscribed to a free trial which I canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread