What's new

Apple Music - help a noob! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve turned off Atmos in Music.

Movies are supposed to be 24p, and HFR looks wrong to me. Music is supposed to be punchy and in-your-face stereo and Atmos doesn’t really sound right to me.

It might be a case of, “Say you’re old without saying you’re old…” ”I like two channel rock”

Atmos generally doesn‘t improve the music, listening on AirPods Pro, particularly in airports and airplanes and the gym. It minimizes the vocals and lead guitar, takes away that punch and grit of good rock and roll.

What I wish was for a trivial way to toggle Atmos in the Music app while music is playing. I’d use it more. But having to toggle and dig deep into Settings to enable or disable it, motivates me to turn it off, rather than leave it on if I could quickly tap if off if I wasn’t in the mood.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Everyone mentions airplay and I didn’t intended to require that. Perhaps I did, but I’m not going back to check it. I’ve been distracted by other things like a new LG OLED, but I’m getting back to getting Amazon Music to work from my iphone.
The below pictures indicates what happens when I go into iphone settings and connect to the receiver via Bluetooth. I then start the Apple Music app. I get what I wan’t. My entire home theater system involved.
1633375516562.jpeg

In the below picture you see what happens when I play music with the Music app “ON” the ATV4K. I have the audio for the App in Settings set to Dolby Atmos-Automatic, as indicated by the following pic. The only other selection is off. This is not what I want.
1633375793601.jpeg

1633376085283.jpeg

This last pictures what happened I started Amazon Music on my iphone. It started playing on the Media Player (which is the ATV4K). The phone is still connected via Bluetooth but you can see it’s not using Bluetooth. I like this also. I hope I can replicate it.
1633376214096.jpeg

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I tried to replicate that last option. I rebooted the ATV4K and the iphone. The ATV is sitting there at it’s Home Screen. I start Music on my iphone and the music is only coming out of my LCR speakers. I then started Music on the ATV. Deleted Music from memory in my iphone and restarted it. Started some music and happily I get all my HT speakers involved again.

So, 1) Open Music on the ATV, 2) Open Music on the iphone, 3) Play music on the iphone and I get what I want. It seems like the Music on the ATV is playing the music, but I can control what happens with my iphone.

I’ve got 2 options: 1) Use Bluetooth, but when the TV is on, I get a very basic Bluetooth screen. However this way works when the TV is off; 2) Use the option described in the immediately preceding paragraph and I get a nice screen.

BTW, in all of this I have never pressed an airplay button.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, disregard previous telegram. To get Apple Music to use all my speakers I have to use Bluetooth. That bit about using the ATV Music app, will not use all my speakers unless the source music is Atmos or Spatial. On the iphone Music app I can select “Always On” for Atmos, but not so on the ATV.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Need some help: Can anyone play this album in Apple Music? It will only play track 2, the theme song. No matter what I click, Apple Music only plays the second track. And if I click next track, it goes into random music by that song's artist, not the next track in the album. I don't understand what's going on.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nevermind :) On my iPhone Apple Music shows those songs aren't available in the album. But because Music on the dekstop is kinda garbage, it just acts weird instead of telling the user that the songs aren't availble. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks