What's new

Apple Maps: Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My sister loves her Apple iPhone, personally i'd buy a Nokia Luma 920 or the new 1020, even a Samsung Galaxy S4, i think Apple has fans who will buy just because of the brand and not because they are the best, never tried their computers as i have always been into PC's so cannot comment on them, with all the money they are making i would like to see them be a bit more revolutionary and ahead of the others ( with the technology ) when it comes to releasing a new iPhone, at the moment i don't think they are better than the other brands.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
You mean the ones people buy because Apple resorts to Monster Cable-like mark ups for their accessories?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Fair enough I suppose. But buying cheap does have it's drawbacks, like they are dangerous and can kill you:
http://www.righto.com/2012/03/inside-cheap-phone-charger-and-why-you.html

Buying the cheapest passive cable you can get? Go nuts!
Buying the cheapest power adapter you can get? Go extinct! =)

You'll see bias in this question I'm sure Hanson but one of the comments in that page intrigued me:
Anonymous said...
My real samsung charger messes up the touchscreen to the point that I cant use drawsomething when plugged in. Not just cheap adapters do it.

I never heard of such a thing, is this guy full of shit or do real world Samsung products do that?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This was an issue for some people with the GS2, where the touchscreen did not work properly when it was plugged into a charger. Various theories pointed at the charging block, the cable, and the phone. It was not a widespread problem.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Read the article sir, it is talking about Google Maps not iOS maps.
I was referring to this:
While the iOS version of Google Maps for the most part maintains parity with its Android counterpart, there is one notable omission in the iOS edition: On Google’s own platform, Maps will automatically route around traffic problems. That’s not available in the current update for iOS, but Google has intimated that it’s due to come, uh, down the road, if you will.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So is Google's iOS team struggling to catch up with its Android team? Or is google intentionally hobbling iOS development to help push people to Android?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
RobertR said:
The IOS version is behind the Android version. That's correct.
And this is Apple's fault how? You still aren't being clear. You simply say "Google Maps". This is Google's product, regardless of what platform it is delivered on. It has the same name. I posted about it with exactly what you claim you are now saying "Almost full parity now". Something isn't adding up.
DaveF said:
So is Google's iOS team struggling to catch up with its Android team? Or is google intentionally hobbling iOS development to help push people to Android?
I don't think he can step back and admit he's not making any sense Dave, I'm just gonna move on.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
RE: Google Maps on iOS, is there an iPad version now? I didn't see one last I checked, and the iPhone version looked butt-ugly on the iPad Mini when I tried it on my mother's mini. _Man_Sent via HTF mobile app

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sam Posten said:
Sorry Hanson, that's the dumbest thing you have posted here.
First off, I doubt it. Secondly, lighten up, Francis.

I don't know what to make of Apple's response, which is basically, "if you don't want to die, participate in our wallet rape". Well actually, I guess it's pretty obvious what my takeaway is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks