What's new

Apple Lossless and Spatial Audio (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

I only understand about 25% of that

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Is it just me or does streaming via the iTunes Windoze program not work consistently for others too?

Granted, I'm running an older version of the program, but still... seems like that shouldn't really matter.

I'd often have to try a bunch of times before it actually starts playing whatever album or (Apple generated) playlist I choose.

I've also tried my ATV4K, but don't really like streaming music regularly that way, particularly when I'm (often/already) on my PC and listening from there. Not crazy about how the ATV4K just decides to append additional music it automatically assumes I might be interested that I didn't ask for and then plays just those in repeat fashion (and not including my original request). Also, until I get around to adding a small monitor to my HT rig just for such purpose, I don't wanna have to fire up my mondo FP setup just to stream some music thru the HT, LOL.

And oh, anyone else getting occasional audio dropouts streaming from the iTunes Windoze program over DTS Play-Fi to their HT? Pretty annoying...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
And oh, anyone else getting occasional audio dropouts streaming from the iTunes Windoze program over DTS Play-Fi to their HT? Pretty annoying...

The dropouts might be specific to my setup since it also seems to happen when streaming from Qobuz via my iPhone over DTS Play-Fi. Forget if it ever happens when I have my Anthem AVM60 take over the Qobuz->DTS Play-Fi stream from my iPhone (to exclude the extra channeling and back-and-forth of the phone)...

_Man_

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The dropouts might be specific to my setup since it also seems to happen when streaming from Qobuz via my iPhone over DTS Play-Fi. Forget if it ever happens when I have my Anthem AVM60 take over the Qobuz->DTS Play-Fi stream from my iPhone (to exclude the extra channeling and back-and-forth of the phone)...

_Man_
None of that sounds like an Apple Music issue. Or that Apple Music is even being used. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks