What's new

Apple iPad onboard Camera revealed (1 Viewer)

abbere

Auditioning
Real Name
jackrose
So I've been doing alot of research online about why the Apple iPad doesn't have an onboard camera. In a previous post, I posted my Design Concept of a relatively easy and cheap idea that would incorperate a Camera with the Apple iPad. (follow link below to see my Concept Design: iSight Lite+ for the Apple iPad)
17049205732749968510954.jpg
While I was doing some reading online tonight, I found a few posts that claim the Apple iPad was indeed intended to have a Camera, and this is what I found. I also went to the Youtube channel for apple (www.youtube.com/apple) ((weither or not they are legit, and really Apple's channel, they do have HD quality videos of the Keynote on Jan 27)). If you start watching at 09:01 and stop at 09:05, you will see a slight glimpse of something, dead center, at the top, where one would think an onboard camera would be @ 09:03. I took a screen capture to show what I seen - On the LEFT side, is the screen capture that I took, and on the RIGHT an image I found on 9to5mac and also on a few other articles, claiming the same thing.
ipadcameraq2.jpg
Also attached are a few more images that lead me to believe that for some STRANGE Reason, the mention of the onboard Camera was LEFT Out during the keynote, and will be added to the finished product.
202821ipadcam.jpg
ipad2p.jpg
*** my Thoughts. Maybe Mr.Jobs didn't want to display the Camera at the keynote, to get everyone all hyped up about a big disappointment, and then when its ready to ship, he'll say "Ooh, opps, I forgot to mention, it does have an onboard Camera. Got ya!" *** I think that this could be a very 'smart' but RISKY marketing ploy, because so many PEOPLE want this feature, and if you don't ADD it right AWAY when you announce the product, it will cause all this hype and disappointment about the missing link. Many many many people will then talk about the disappointment in the product and give the Apple iPad more exposure. Good or Bad publicity is still good publicity. The more people talking about the iPad, the better. And We can all atest to the fact that since the Apple iPad wasn't announced with a onboard Camera, it's gotten alot of exposure. Exactly what Steve Jobs wants. And when the day arrives when the Apple iPad is set to ship, he'll make an announcement and say "Ooh, Opps.. Forgot to mention, there is a CAMERA". Then the market for the Apple iPad will SORE through the roof! Thats what I think anyway. Please leave your comments, I enjoy reading them! THANKS!

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Smith
Originally Posted by abbere

If you start watching at 09:01 and stop at 09:05, you will see a slight glimpse of something, dead center, at the top, where one would think an onboard camera would be @ 09:03.

....because that is a camera?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The iPad 2 has two onboard cameras. Did a Time Eddy bring us a post from 9 months ago?

But welcome to the forum. We hope you join us in present-day conversations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks