What's new

Apple fall event 2022 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Still wish there's a way to use my iPhone to control the ATV4K for music/audio streaming w/out needing to turn on (and use) a separate/HT display though -- current iPhone control just acts as a standard remote w/ no visual (to see what's actually going on w/ the ATV4K).

Since they say all this... and puts Apple Music at the top of that list... maybe they'll someday (maybe by the time of ATV8K Gen 3? :lol:) get to stuff like this for that real/truly "deep integration" and "unparalleled experience" (that doesn't still require use of a separate display just for music playback), LOL? :P

Seamless Integration with the Apple Ecosystem

Apple TV 4K works seamlessly with other Apple devices, starting with a magical setup process with iPhone and effortless control at any time with the Apple TV Remote in Control Center. The deep integration of Apple hardware, software, and services with Apple TV 4K unlocks an unparalleled experience that brings the best of the Apple ecosystem to the living room.4
  • Apple Music offers access to a catalog of over 100 million songs, expertly curated playlists, and music videos through Apple TV 4K. With original content from the most respected and beloved people in music, autoplay, time-synced lyrics, lossless audio, and immersive Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos, Apple Music offers the world’s best listening experience.

_Man_

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
New ATV 4K is fairly tempting. But you need the 128GB version to get Ethernet and Thread support. At least it's only $20 more.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wtaf
1666110341626.jpeg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sounds like more of that "deep integration" and "unparalleled experience" spreading good cheer to iPads then, LOL... ;):P:laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
It’s too bad about the lack of MacBook Pro news. It seems like my decision on when and how to upgrade from my m1 air will remain in a holding pattern.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don’t know if it’s because iOS and iPadOS are mature or because I’m old and tech-jaded, but…

It’s a bit of a downer when I upgrade a year old Pro Max iPhone to the new iOS and there’s nothing really new.

And I upgrade my two year old iPad Air to the latest OS and also nothing much new.

This is the first year where I am must concede “meh” on the upgrades. There’s just nothing here without buying a brand new $1000+ hardware. Which, I can’t buy a new device annually to get a significant OS update.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wait, they made the iPad landscape video cameras but not the iPad Pro? Lawl

A little birdie confirmed to me that this is in fact exactly the case. The internal mechanism for magnetically attaching, charging, and pairing Pencil 2 is both expensive and somewhat large. And cameras are surprisingly large internally once you count the flex connectors and everything else. You can actually see this for yourself by looking at a teardown of a Pencil-2-compatible iPad. It’s going to require significant new engineering to make future iPads that support Pencil 2 with the front camera on the landscape side.

Robert Saccone

Premium
This is the first year where I am must concede “meh” on the upgrades. There’s just nothing here without buying a brand new $1000+ hardware.
If you got an M1, A12Z, or A12X based iPad, stage manager is the big new feature for you! Whether you like it or not is another story.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you got an M1, A12Z, or A12X based iPad, stage manager is the big new feature for you! Whether you like it or not is another story.
Yep. This is the most brutal cut-off Apple’s ever had for new features: If you bought the Pro model in the past couple years, new feature. If you bought Air or Nothing, nothing for you.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I know it’s not really nothing. Shared Family Library dropped this week with the 16.1 releases, which is the one feature I was waiting for. But that’s just a long overdue tweak to existing sharing. And the home screen got what amounts to new wallpapers which are fun but not a new-OS marquee feature to me.

Otherwise…? Whether on iPad? New lousy settings app to replace old lousy settings app on Mac.

Don’t want to be jaded. And I really think it’s a reflection of iOS etc being mature and all the easy, big new features really are done...?

Robert Saccone

Premium
I think there is a bunch more work to be done on iPad Pro to be honest. Someday they will get windowing right. As a developer they need to get a version of Xcode on there for building apps. Playgrounds are a good start but aren’t enough.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ugh. It seems like many companies, considering the current state of local and world economies, are considering a pause from releasing new products.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks