What's new

Apple fall event 2022 (2 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What??? It's coming up fast, and we still ain't got much, if any, rumors posted around here yet??? :lol:

I suppose that's good since I don't really wanna be enticed into considering another upgrade so soon, LOL...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
iPhone 14, definitely

iPads may be announced at a separate event, I have read. Perhaps it was the M2 Macbooks that were separate. In any case, not sure if I will upgrade from my current M1 Pro. I don't think there are huge rumored differences other than wireless charging and probably a camera bump.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'll add this. I'm definitely very surprised my iPhone 13 Pro (bought right around its release last year) still indicates 100% for battery health/max capacity and still seems to last me 2-plus days on each full, overnight/several-hour recharge... although I'm sure my not being out much has helped preserve battery life a whole lot -- of course, I wasn't really out that much long before the pandemic, but was more reliant on my phone around the house until this past year...

My previous iPhone 11 (non-Pro) and other older iPhones only lasted a full day (or maybe a smidge more) on each full recharge by this point (after nearly a full year) and probably in the low-90's for the battery health/capacity indicator.

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iPhone 13 Pro Max bought a year ago, so I’m good for now :)
And my iPad Air 4th Gen is only two years old this Fall, so I can’t upgrade that yet.

I really want an m2 iMac 27”, but that’s looking like not until 2023 for an m3 iMac that’s bigger than 24”.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My iPhone 12promax stopped charging through the portal or hole or whatever the part on the bottom is called yesterday.

Not happy.
Apple Genius says it’s a hardware issue and they don’t exactly fix this they just replace but it’s out of warranty and would cost my $600 for a device that isn’t even 2 years old that already broken from nothing more then using it.
Still not done paying it off on the contract.

Had to buy a wireless charger to get it to charge the battery.
Very annoyed.
This device always runs hot.
Not sure that I want another iPhone.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My iPhone 12promax stopped charging through the portal or hole or whatever the part on the bottom is called yesterday.

Not happy.
Apple Genius says it’s a hardware issue and they don’t exactly fix this they just replace but it’s out of warranty and would cost my $600 for a device that isn’t even 2 years old that already broken from nothing more then using it.
Still not done paying it off on the contract.

Had to buy a wireless charger to get it to charge the battery.
Very annoyed.
This device always runs hot.
Not sure that I want another iPhone.
Before jumping to extreme measures, try using a flat wooden coffee stir or toothpick and gently scraping around in the lightning port on the bottom of the phone. They’re prone to gathering lint in the port, more so if you’re a front pocket carrier like me, and the lint will keep the lightning connector from plugging into place and your phone will not charge.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks Clint, I have done that. Took to Apple, the tech did that.
Right now the only way to charge it is with a magcharger but this iPhone gets extremely hot just from using it and even hotter on the charging disc.
Quite often the device gets so hot the screen will get dark in segments until it’s almost unusable. Then I have to turn off the screen and wait until it gets bright again.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I back it up often.
The Apple tech did a full diagnosis and no battery issues or any issues came up.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
far-out-event.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Always on display?

Apparently.
You getting the new iPhone, Sam?
I think you are on the upgrade program like me.
Only downside, I think it's going to cost $100 more so there's going to be a hike in the monthly fee by almost $10

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SM, what do you mean by always on display?

New Pro iPhones are supposed to have an always-on display so when you take it out of your pocket or lift it up, its screen is visible. This is supposed to help those who want to check notifications and/or widget notices quickly without having to press the power button.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m just reading what you write about your iPhones behavior.

Yeah. I’ve had an iPhone for every year there has been iPhone with a 2 year exception when I had a Samsung Note4 which I really liked.

Maybe I just need something different afte having the same thing for so long.
I’m sure my mind might change when it’s time to get a new phone.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
New Pro iPhones are supposed to have an always-on display so when you take it out of your pocket or lift it up, its screen is visible. This is supposed to help those who want to check notifications and/or widget notices quickly without having to press the power button.

Wow.
Battery though?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks