Apparantly Titanic's the worst film ever...

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I like the movie but also haven't seen it in a while...

... but I've never seen "A Night to Remember" beyond the sinking scene on YouTube so I think I should rectify that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey D

Tino

Premium
Real Name
Valentino
And for the record the only reason a "discussion" got triggered was because one throwaway line of mine in a post that was devoted to "SOS Titanic" was seized on to go off-topic.
Not true. After that one “throwaway line” you followed it up on a subsequent post with this:

“Cameron's movie was a piece of overrated junk that I wouldn't ever want to sit through again with its awful cliche-ridden fictional story (as bad as if not worse than the junk in the 96 CBS miniseries and the 2012 ITV one). I would rather have a better-written fictional story with less accurate sets as the 1953 film is than be forced to watch Cameron again. IF anything, his realistic sets only called more attention to how bad his fictional story was.”

And then the discussion began. Just so we’re clear.

Reactions: James Luckard

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Which was prompted by the diss at the musical that excluded all reference to the totality of the post about SOS Titanic. Just so *we're* clear.

• Haha
Reactions: Tino

Tino

Premium
Real Name
Valentino
On this day 22 years ago, 10. August 1998 the Big Piece broke the surface and saw the sun's light once more. For the first time in 86 years, Titanic's hull, a small piece of her hull, returned to the surface.
Photo source and text by Bill Willard.

1F6927A9-04AA-4650-AA89-39184E8DCD1C.jpeg

#Titanic2020 #RMSTitanic #Titanic108 #RMSTitanicHull #HistoricShipsNetwork

Tino

Premium
Real Name
Valentino
Critics Consensus
A mostly unqualified triumph for James Cameron, who offers a dizzying blend of spectacular visuals and old-fashioned melodrama.
89%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 191
69%
AUDIENCE SCORE
User Ratings: 35,797,635!!!

Reactions: benbess

Tino

Premium
Real Name
Valentino
Yup.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Greatest experience of my life as a Titanic enthusiast was seeing the Big Piece in person at Atlantic City in 1999.
Saw it in Phoenix in 2007. Really incredible to see a piece of it, considering the location of Titanic's final resting place had been a big unknown for decades.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
For me the original trailer, which tells a lot of the story in just 4 minutes, still has power. I'd been a fan of James Cameron since the first Terminator, and then a big fan with Aliens, The Abyss, and T2. I never thought he could top those movies, but then I saw this trailer in the theater and was already guessing that he'd done it again.

And I remember watching this 30-second spot on tv as well.

Last edited:

tigereyes

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul B, Scott
Not true. After that one “throwaway line” you followed it up on a subsequent post with this:

“Cameron's movie was a piece of overrated junk that I wouldn't ever want to sit through again with its awful cliche-ridden fictional story (as bad as if not worse than the junk in the 96 CBS miniseries and the 2012 ITV one). I would rather have a better-written fictional story with less accurate sets as the 1953 film is than be forced to watch Cameron again. IF anything, his realistic sets only called more attention to how bad his fictional story was.”

And then the discussion began. Just so we’re clear.
Ahh but have you seen Titanic 2.Made by The Asylum.Wonderful film in all its glory.True Story.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PJay