What's new

Apology to Jack Gilvey (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jack, it was inappropriate to accuse you of flaming me as I did in a previous post, and for that, I apologize.

I would hope that you too will be careful in your characterizations of me.

Thanks

Artie

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Artie,

I really wouldn't be surprised if something like 99%+ of the population simply won't admit they are wrong. The few who do show integrity -- I'm buying you TWO beers at CES. :)

-Robb

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
We need to get Evan in here now....then I think that's just about everyone. I would include Mylan, but he deleted his post and I don't know what he said, lol.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

LOL!!

For some reason I think if we were all to make it to CES we would get kicked out for being intoxicated.........It would be a damn funny story though......

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

I thought that being intoxicated was one of the requirements to enter city limits :D

I'll have to remember to ask Parker if there is any sort of HTF group that goes to CES....that would rule :)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

hmmmmmmm....interesting thought......we just might have to test this one out........:emoji_thumbsup:

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Evan, I just noticed where you live.....that must be friggin beautiful up that way around Sept-Nov, eh?

As for the Vegas thing, I don't know if maybe some of you guys have any religious hang-ups with the drinking thing, but I'm Catholic, so I can drink as much as I want :laugh:

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot, I'll buy everyone a round of shots if you can get me into next years CES!!!:D

Seriously, somebody get me into CES and I will buy a round or two.

YC

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Evan: I WISH it were that warm down here....I think the southern part of GA does okay this time of year, but here in the north it stays relatively cool. Nothing like where you are, or what I'm used to myself having grown up in upstate NY, but definitely not warm this time of year.

Hell, it's a good thing we're Catholic with all these people willing to buy rounds! :D

PS. Any time you want to trade some lobster for some....well....grits, lemme know! :laugh:

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

LOL!! Sounds like an even trade to me......
I never had grits. Always wondered what they taste like......I have never really spent any meaningful time in the South. I was in Georgia once (Atlanta) as a kid. I dated a girl from Georgia though......Southern women :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yep, Upstate NY definitely has it's perks.....I miss it up that way :frowning: Every time I've tried to leave the south, it just sucked me back in, lol....sooner or later I'll win the battle, though :)

As for southern women, I was married to the great granddaughter (x5?) of Jefferson Davis, the first and only president of the confederacy. I used to joke with her that I was going to steal her back NOrth for the ransom, but she got away before I had the chance, lol. Oh well.....

I can find some decent pizza places, and there are always good places for breakfast foods, but I still miss northern cuisine....particularly chicken wings, lol. You'd think with all the damn chicken plants down here SOMEONE would get the wings right. Nope.....not yet.

By the way, I fear some southern food....I saw one of my former in-laws taking pear halves, filling them with MAYONAISE, putting some CHEESE on top of that, and then adding a friggin CHERRY.....wtf is that all about, anyway??? In fact, now that I think about it, I've been down here since '99 and I have yet to even come near a grit LOL

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I ever heard of. I like Mayonaise but people do some F'd up sh** with that stuff. I always see people put it on potatoes (fries, baked and mashed). Once when I was a kid I went to a friends house for dinner. My family is very Italian so this (french) family decided to have spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. There was a jar of mayo in the middle of the table. I thought nothing of it until they passed it around the table and put a huge dollup of it on there spaghetti sauce!! They mixed it in and it formed this nasty pink goop. I almost puked all over the place...........

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
lol, that's the French for ya....friggin weirdos, bro :D

How the hell can you mess up a perfectly good red sauce with friggin mayonaise??? As for the potatoes, I can always go for a little malt vinegar on the fries, but that's about the extent of my craziness, lol.

I'm glad you reacted that way to the pear thing, cause I was all by myself in that regard for a good long time! I'll even bring it up with coworkers sometime, and the ones from the south will be like, "oh, yeah, that's delicious!".....wtf?? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks