apologizes to all

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike orowitz, Nov 4, 2001.

1. mike orowitz

mike orowitz Auditioning

My sincere apologizes to all for my comments; I was not considering the purpose and content of this forum. I realizes your views and respect them.
    Mike

2. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Hey Mike, if you're referring to that other thread on making widescreen content fill a 4:3 screen - I'm sure there was no need for an apology.
    But you should know though that watching a 2.35:1 really widescreen movie (like Gladiator, Matrix, or many others, for example) zoomed in to eliminate the black bars top and bottom on a 4:3 screen means you're losing a LOT of the image... if my math is right, a 2.35:1 can also be expressed as 7.05:3, so if displayed on a 4:3, your losing 1-(4/7.05) of the width of the image, or 43%.
    Your choice of course, but that's a lot! [​IMG]

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Mike,
    You're always welcome here. The HTF is a great place to be and you'll find a lot of incredibly valuable information. Many top people in the film industry are members here and contribute with great regularity, and for good reason. There simply isn't a better-run home theater site on the Internet.
    With any luck, we'll convert you to the wonders of OAR before you know it! [​IMG]