1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

apologizes to all

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike orowitz, Nov 4, 2001.

1. mike orowitz

mike orowitz Auditioning

My sincere apologizes to all for my comments; I was not considering the purpose and content of this forum. I realizes your views and respect them.
    Mike

2. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Hey Mike, if you're referring to that other thread on making widescreen content fill a 4:3 screen - I'm sure there was no need for an apology.
    But you should know though that watching a 2.35:1 really widescreen movie (like Gladiator, Matrix, or many others, for example) zoomed in to eliminate the black bars top and bottom on a 4:3 screen means you're losing a LOT of the image... if my math is right, a 2.35:1 can also be expressed as 7.05:3, so if displayed on a 4:3, your losing 1-(4/7.05) of the width of the image, or 43%.
    Your choice of course, but that's a lot! [​IMG]

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Mike,
    You're always welcome here. The HTF is a great place to be and you'll find a lot of incredibly valuable information. Many top people in the film industry are members here and contribute with great regularity, and for good reason. There simply isn't a better-run home theater site on the Internet.
    With any luck, we'll convert you to the wonders of OAR before you know it! [​IMG]