What's new

Apocalypse Now SE? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Any insider news on an Apocalypse Now Special Edition? I'm considering buying the VHS copy of Hearts of Darkness and I'm REALLY hoping they're considering putting out at least a 2 disc set with it on there. A 3 disc set with Redux and the original would be nice, too. :)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I believe that there is rights issues on Hearts Of Darkness, hence the lack of release already. I haven't heard anything else.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I know there was a thread on this months ago. Try doing a search back far enough and you should find it.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I heard Coppolla didn't want Hearts of Darkness on DVD because of his comments about never wanting te French plantation to ever be seen again. Probably not true,m but who knows. It is a great documentary, one of the best on the making of a movie, and it would be great for it to be released on DVD where more people can see it and really gain an appreciation for how they made the film.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Yeah... I wish! Unfortunately, not only does he not mind you seeing it, he recut his film so that you'd have to suffer through it, sappy Willard love-scene and all. (But only in the "Redux" version fortunately.)

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I went ahead and ordered Hearts of Darkness on VHS. Something is better than nothing. But, I wish he would put it out on DVD! You know Paramount would be willing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks