What's new

Pre-Order Apocalypse Now: 40th Anniversary Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just picked it up from Best Buy.

The digital code redeems all three versions on iTunes in 4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos.

Or as Tony mentioned above you can just buy the digital version containing all three cuts in 4K for just $9.99.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My Amazon still says it is arriving today by 8PM even though it says it hasn't shipped yet.

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
All my local Best Buy’s have this in stock.

Picking mine up this morning.

Since Amazon notified me that the shipment wouldn't arrive until NEXT Wednesday (8 days), I ran to my local Best Buy. They had a whopping 2 copies left--an hour after the store opened. I think there was more demand than supply for this release.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My order with AN-FC and Stand By Me 4K came today from Deep Discount ...

I love the smell of 4K in the morning ;) !

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Package is bulkier than I expected, but with 6 discs in the set I can forgive it. At least the height is BD/UHD sized, unlike the older BD release.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
Yes, I went ahead and tried BB today too, and did get it. Apparently, when it's preorder (before release day), it tells you Available for Shipping Only and gives some future date when it will arrive. You would think they would know and be able to say it's available in store on release date.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say the people who say their Amazon order is arriving today, even though it hasn't shipped yet, aren't getting their order today. I've been having that happen with Amazon a lot lately.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Package is bulkier than I expected, but with 6 discs in the set I can forgive it. At least the height is BD/UHD sized, unlike the older BD release.
I agree that it's bulky, but I love the cover art:
apocalypse-now-uhd-scan.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes, I went ahead and tried BB today too, and did get it. Apparently, when it's preorder (before release day), it tells you Available for Shipping Only

It depends on the item and I think how many copies they expect to get in store. Many of the these 3-4 copy [er store items don't get an ISPU option until Release day. Most bigger volume items seem more likely to get the ISPU option at least until the advance quota per store is reached.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No sign of my copy from Amazon so I purchased the bundle from iTunes that includes Apocalypse now and Hearts of Darkness. I have a friend coming over to watch this tomorrow so I needed a copy to show him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks