Apocalypse: Audio problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by THOMAS VITA, Dec 19, 2001.

1. THOMAS VITA

THOMAS VITA Auditioning

I am getting total silence and a "No Audio" message when the actual film starts. Menus are fine.I am Having this problem with My Mits. DD-6000 player only. All other discs play fine and AN plays perfectly on 5 other players I've tried it on. On my second disc: Still the same problem.Anyone having a similar problem? Mits is actually a Toshiba 3109 clone and disc worked fine on a Toshiba 6200.

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

What is your receiver?

3. THOMAS VITA

THOMAS VITA Auditioning

The "No Audio" message is coming directly from the DVD player. This Player does not like this DVD. Just wanted to know if this is unique to me, or a problem with this particular model.

4. Scott David

Scott David Stunt Coordinator

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Redux" DVD, because I have the same problem with mine! When I hit "Play Movie" from the menu, the movie started...with no sound. Flipped through some of the chapters; still no sound. Then I got the bright idea of going back to the menu, selected the first scene from "Scene Selections"...and the movie restarted with sound! Didn't have a sound problem (or lack of) from then on. Very strange. Does anyone have a possible explanation for this?

5. John Sturge

John Sturge Stunt Coordinator

Be careful, I blew out my Jmlab Cobalt speakers, and bottomed out my Sunfire Signature Subwoofer on Apocalypse Now Redux.

Remember, listen to it at reasonable levels. Nobody wants to be put in my position.

6. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Yes, I brought this up when Redux first came out and I thought I was the only one, too.

I have a Tosh 3109. Exact same symptoms as your described. My workaround involved the following:

First, go into trailers. The sound comes alive.

Exit trailers, then play movie. The sound will resuscitate itself.

It's quite bizarre...I'm not sure how this could be a software compatibility problem with the 3109 if the sound does pop up once you prance around a bit.

7. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

Add the Toshiba 5109 to the list of players that have this problem. I'm going to try the scene selection to see if I can kick the audio in.

chris

8. BarryNS

BarryNS Stunt Coordinator

Ditto for Toshiba 4109 DVD changer. "No audio" on my Yamaha 995 until I went into the scene selections first and started the movie from there with Chapter One.

9. YANG

YANG Second Unit

I did not encounter any problem with the audio of this disc,but a serious one with subtitle.The subtitle dissappears after the layer change.

My player is the PHILIPS DVD951.