Aphex Twin: Drukqs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonK, Oct 20, 2001.

1. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

May 10, 2000
    I got this yesterday. I've listened to part of it - it's a two disc set, so I listened to the first few tracks on each. Disc 1 starts off with a laid-back ambient track. I was kind of taken aback, I'm used to the opening tracks on "Come to Daddy," "Richard D. James" and "Windowlicker" just rocking my socks off. (Windowlicker being my favorite Aphex track I've heard.)
    Disc 2, however got started off in full-effect. This sounded more like the "Come to Daddy" era.
    And that's all I've listened to so far. Please forgive the lackluster review, I'll post more thoughts when I give the discs a full listen. (I tend to listen to my stuff on my 3 hour breaks at school Mon + Tues.)
    Oh, I was also surprised to see a CD cover that didn't have Richard's face plastered on someone else's body.
    I also want to read Rolling Stone's review of Drukqs, a buddy told me they gave it 1 star. (Not that Rolling Stone's review's have ever meant anything to me, I just want to see how badly they rip it apart.)
  2. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

Oct 9, 2001
    I think it's a pretty good album, mainly because it's so different. There are some tracks on there that'll really put your sub(s) to work. I think it's definitely worth a listen if anyone's into ambient music.