What's new

Aphex Systems (1 Viewer)

BurtS

Stunt Coordinator
I just talked to my local stereo guy and he said that they are going to be getting Aphex processors which run along with the receiver and boosts sound to ultra quality standards.
Anyone know anything of this??

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The one they’re talking about is probably similar to the BBE Sonic Maximizer. They’ve been discussed here before, so I’m sure you can find something if you do a search. You might see if you can get them to tell you which processor they’re going to be using, so you can look it up on Aphex’s web site.

http://www.aphex.com/

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator
Burt,

> Aphex processors which run along with the receiver and boosts sound to ultra quality standards. <

Aphex and BBE processors are mostly a joke among audio professionals. If you think about it, there's no way for any processor to improve audio quality after the fact. (Aside from noise reduction which is a different issue.)

Most of the marketing hype for that kind of processor is just that - hype. What they really do is goose the treble a little, and add a little treble-only distortion to give the false impression of improved clarity. Sort of like the bass boost switch in a cheap boombox gives a false impression of more bass.

--Ethan

John S

Senior HTF Member
Scaled audio can see improvements, not any sort of frequency or noise level, but more sampling steps can relate to smoother sound. Less digital crud, ect..ect..

I'd be game at some point to give one a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks