1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Vs. Philips - Need advice

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by steve-gos, Jun 28, 2005.

1. steve-gos

steve-gos Auditioning

I have an APEX AD-800 DVD Player that's about 4 years old. Nothing wrong with it and plays almost everything thrown at it. I have about 2 dozen divx files that I'd love to play on my HTS and was thinking about buying the Philips DVP 642 DVD player w/divx. I know people have posted issues with the Apex players, but mine seems to work great.

Should I bother changing out players? Is the picture quality the same? Better?

Has anyone had any experience with either units? I've been searching the web for weeks (including nerd-out.com) trying to get some feedback and weed thru all the Apex and Philips posts. Can't get the info I need to make a decision.

Which unit is better? Apex or Philips?

2. Steve*W

Steve*W Agent

I'm shocked you haven't had a problem with your apex, yet. Anyway if you are gonna get a divx DVD player, get the LG (think its the 510 model). Plays divx and xvid, phillips wont play xvid.