APEX TV 's WEBSITE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Will, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Can anyone give me their website? THANKS!

2. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

Do you self a favor and avoid APEX at all costs...

Nothing is lower quality on the market.

3. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    How is that Michael? I bought my parents a 27" Apex set for Christmas and they're quite happy with it. My bedroom television is showing signs that it might die on me and if it were to I might have considered replacing it with an Apex. What's the issue with their products?

4. James Dailey

James Dailey Auditioning

THey basically buy Chinese made players, tv's and such, and then stamp their name on them and resell them. IMHO their DVD players helped to drive down the cost of DVD players in general. At a time they were the cheapest, and most fully functional players available (back when many DVD players wouldn't even play VCD's, much less SVCD's).

Their website is, "http://www.apexdigitalinc.com/default.asp". I'm not familiar with their TV's, but have owned a number of their DVD players. While some were crap, some have been reliable work horses. The cost on them is so low though that it makes them hard not to notice, almost disposable.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Thanks James [​IMG]

6. MichaelFusick

Bill said:

7. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

In defense of Apex ... I was selling them about 7 years ago, when they first started to surface with some TV's and I must say that they were .... well ... Crap! Never had as many returns on products as with Apex.

But in all honesty, lately Apex has been pretty decent as far as reliability, not quality. Have a few friends that bought their DVD players and have had them for a long time with absolutely no problems.

I think technology is at a point where it is hard to screw up a product. There might not be as much care put into them as into a Sony or Panasonic .. but they serve their price point pretty well.

They are the "Emerson" of the new decade [​IMG]

8. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

9. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I only wanted the website to see what features the 24 inch tv set's had. A friend of mine was thinking of getting one for one of his younger kid's bedroom & he asked me if he thought they would last a couple of years & he liked the 24 inch size compared to 20 inch sets. I think I will tell him to hold off buying one until Apex's 2003 models are out because on their press release of 2003 models it looks like they have added comb filters & SVM for what that's worth. My suggestion to him was to look for a used 24 inch Sony set.

10. MichaelFusick

Buy an open box floor model set from a good brand.

Look for a $300 tv for $200 or so...

That's where the value is, considering 27 tubes almost never break down or wear out.

Generally 27 tubes last a long time... rare in our throw away society.

11. James Dailey

James Dailey Auditioning

At X-mas Sears had a 20" model, flat screen, with built in DVD player for $200. It was a hell of a deal if you needed something for a playroom or guest room.

The big problem with Apex is that they don't make what they sell, so they can't directly support their stuff that well.

12. MichaelFusick

APEX is awful.

I mean, for someone to buy it they must knowingly want and desire the lowest possible quality tv imaginable with utter disregard for quality or reliability.

There is nothing lower... It is the bottom of the barrel.

For $10-$20 more you can do alot better.