apex progressive scan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dale B, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Dale B

Dale B Stunt Coordinator

Was at c.c. Sunday and saw their new progressive scan dvd player by apex. I have heard a lot of stories about apex,but it is only $159.00.Do you think for that price that it would be worth it? Thanks. It is a apex ad-800 I think.

2. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Toshiba 3750 is only $189 at Best Buy and looks like a great player.

3. JackJD

JackJD Stunt Coordinator

The AD-800 is not a new player. The AD-800 has been out for quite a while now. Their newest player, the AD-7701 Prog.Scan DVD/SACD/DVD-A/MP3... is due out within the next few weeks.
    Go to the forums at www.nerd-out.com/forum for info about these and all the other APEX players. ...Cheers -JD
    [Edited last by JackJD on October 23, 2001 at 10:02 PM]

4. Dale B

Dale B Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jack,it was the new apex. I just couldn't remember the model number. I guess they just put the new one in the old spot and didn't change the tag.I guess I should of bought it Suday for $159,because I am sure they will see their mistake and re price it.

5. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I posted a thread somewhere about the new Prog scan Apex player that does DVD-A and SACD which as far as I know is the only player to do so. I have been under the impression that Apex was a second tier company, but maybe I am either wrong or they are trying to bring up their reputation. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about this player, comments would be welcome. It retails for $350.00.
    Russ