Apex Digital AD-7701 SCAD, Progressive Scan, & DVD-A?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grady Hollums, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Well, I read about his but I haven't heard anything about it from a hands on view. Any news comparing it to the Panasonic DVD-RP91?
    I know the Panny was the talk of this HTF for a while, but if the Apex has the added bonus of the SCAD and DVD-A, then why should I buy the Panny RP91? Does the Apex have the zooming feature? Thanks for all the help!!! God bless!
    ------------------
    In Him,
    GH
    My Home
    Theater

2. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Grady,
    That Apex unit has been delayed. It was supposed to come out in August. I really doubt for $299 that it will perform as well an RP91. I think it is great that Apex is offering so many features(progressive scan,dvd-a,sacd,hdcd) for such a low price. I wish some of the big name manufacturers would follow suit(actually i hear Pioneer is going to be offering a unit with similar features to the Apex). I have dvd-a right now and i love it but i would also love to give sacd a try. From many articles i have read, alot of artists prefer sacd to dvd-a. I may give the new Apex a try if or when it comes out. I am a little wary of Apex though after my experience with their first budget player, the AD600A. Lets hope the 7701 is a good all in one solution!
    Regards,
    Dalton