Apex AD-660 digital out not working?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Spurgeon, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Paul Spurgeon

Ok, here's the deal. I finally received my Marantz sr7200 today... yeah, yeah, I know all about it already, and all the hubbub started the day after I ordered it (it seems to be working fine.. SN xxx133xxxxxx). I have a cheapo Apex AD-660 DVD player, and I can't get any sound when I select digital output on the receiver (analog works fine). It actually says "NO DATA" whenever I try. I've assigned the DVD to the correct digital input using the OSD, and I just wanted to know if anyone else has used this DVD player and had the same problem I'm having. My rugby team has the state championship tournament this weekend, so I won't be able to find someone with a more expensive DVD player to try out until Monday; I just wanted to test the waters and see if I could save myself some time here.

2. Paul Spurgeon

ok, it took all of 3 mins after posting for me to figure out that I had to access the DVD player menus and change audio output to PCM digital stream. Problem solved