Apex 7701 Multi-Format SACD/DVD-A Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Clarke, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Anyone gotten one of these yet? How does it perform? I mean $250 from JandR...Progressive, NTSC/PAL etc...ain't technology grand?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Paul asked:

3. Robert Woods

Robert Woods Stunt Coordinator

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Robert, I just checked out that link. There is a lot of scary stuff there. Simply put, APEX is $hit.

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Thanks for the quick replies and links. I wasn't planning on buying it. I just saw it mentioned under new products in the current Stereophile Guide to Home Theater.

I had no idea there were so many early-adopters.

6. Robert Woods

Robert Woods Stunt Coordinator

The Apex forum that has had the really bad news about Apex and the 7701 (that I mentioned above) has now been cracked by what seems to be a Chinese person saying that they were glad about WTC 911.

EVERYTHING - all threads - all topics - has been deleted.

After what happened here the other day, I sure hope the 'hosts' realize that these types are still on the loose - and forums are the easiest to crack as they allow 'access' to the internals.

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Robert, thanks for the info. You should post your (our) concerns on the HTF Help and Feedback board. It would be interesting to hear what Parker would have to say on the matter.

8. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Wasnt this the unit in Sound & Vision where the reviewer stated that S/N ratio for DVD-A and SACD where worse than redbook CD [​IMG]

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Charles, I don't recall exactly what Sound & Vision said about APEX player as I read it awhile back, but I remember them being generally more impressed with it than users I have come across here and on Audio Asylum. That's doesn't surprise me because I have never seen Sound & Vision call a component the POS that it really is. [​IMG]