What's new

Apex 3201 - any experience with this DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just found out that this $99 DVD player can be hacked for region free play quite easily, and that it was both NTSC and PAL outputs.
Does anyone have any experience with this player? I'd want it for region free playback and I'm hoping that it'll do the PAL/NTSC conversion when you use the NTSC output when you play PAL DVDs. If I'm wrong about this, I'd like to know before I go to K-Mart to buy one of these units.
I know the video quality will be average, but still, for 2/3 less than a Malata 966, it might just fit the bill for infrequent use.

RicP

Screenwriter
Patrick,

APEX's Pal->NTSC conversion...well...sucks. There's no better way to put it honestly. Even at $99 it's overpriced.

I have the Malata and it is just so far ahead of the Apex it's ridiculous.

Tro to find a 2nd hand Malata if you can, you wonjt forgive yourself if you get the Apex.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's *that* bad? Yikes! I still may try it out if I get lucky at the stores this weekend.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's not THAT horrible, used to be it was the only thing out there (the 600A)

I'd save some cash and get a Malata 996, same features, great PAL-NTSC and Progressive for both NTSC and PAL

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You guys are talking to a guy who just spent $1200 on copper pipe last month, but wants to sample the other region's output. Wah! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks